586,576 active members*
3,486 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Need Help! 10M "clear files" problem...

Need Help! 10M "clear files" problem...

Hi Fanuc guys!

I have been in IPL mode and changed a parameter and was then forced to "clear files" - to get the change activated.

Now i dont have any tool number in my "spindle tool" display and i get "EX 07 Tool select alarm" (when trying to change tool).

I also cant get any speed on the spindle and i only turns very slow...

I was told that clear files would only erase programs and offsets, but obviously it did more....

What do i need to do after a "clear files"? I think that this would be a rather common thing so i sure hope that anyone could help me out with info about this!

Thanks / Swemill
    Kitamura Mycenter 1 -83 with Fanuc 3M-C and Mycenter 1B -85 with 10M control.
    Yes, they are old..... but i still like them!

'Clear Files' means that all the parameters and Macro programs has been deleted. So re-load all the parameters (NC+PC) and Tool change Macros.

Have you experiance of that in 10M? I actually dont think that parameters has been deleted because i could run a program but the spindle didnt rev up to rpm and like i said there is no tool displayed.
    That would in that case mean that if only one option parameter should be changed the control would need a complete backup...?
    That sounds very complicated...

Usually on a 10 you have to after an option change.

i agree, if all parameter are clear, the alarm generated is digital parameter clear and machine could not master on.

i would like to know, what parameter u change. if tool number alarm, see data table for tool number, clear or not. if data table not clear, see the ladder, maybe any confirm from that not ON

Parameter 9110. No alarm except for the EX07 Tool Select Alarm on the crt.
    I just thought that there should be some general handling on this but some says a complete backup and some says that it's not needed...

have u try to change that parameter 9110, back to the original that u have made change before.
    but for alarm ex 07, i think its machine maker alarm, not fanuc alarm.

hmmmm ok. you were obviously changing bits to xxx xxxx xxxxxx ^_^

the all-clear will have erased any custom macros usually hidden when parameter NE9 is set to 1 with program number 9000 onwards. if you changed option parameters and didn't backup parameters/PMC and hidden macros you have a serious problem. you probably erased the tool change macro which your machine uses to change tools.

assuming the parameters are ok you can check to see if your machine is using a macro to change tools by looking at the parameter that calls a macro with an M-code. it should have '6' in it which means on M6 it calls program 9xxx. I don't have a list of 10M parameters so you will need to look through your manual.

In 15 series manual (parameters may be almost the same as 10 series)...

7071 M code used to call subprograms of program No.9001
    7089 M code used to call custom macros of program No.9029

one of the parameters from 7071 to 7089 (calls macros from 9001 to 9029) may be set to 6.
    if yes whichever one is set to 6 is the 9xxx program that you lost.

Ok? (and now you have told everyone what parameter 9110 does ^_^...)

Those custom macros you mention (p.7071-7079) have i been done myself and they is only to shorten down the code. Ex. M12 =
    %
    :9001
    G0G91G28Z0
    G90
    M99
    %

There was no other codes there earlier and it still changed tools! My tool change (M6) must work through something else, maybe the yellow pc cassette, or ladder?

Still this would not explain why there not is any tool number in my spindle tool display? Do you maybe could tell me why / wich param that sets what tool it is in the spindle?

Thanks and best regards.

no I haven't. the specific bits are not mentioned, nor the description of the specific bits nor the procedure to change them. plus additional hardware is needed otherwise it does nothing ^_^
    in any case I removed the info above.

The yellow box contains the ladder no need to worry about that.

There is no parameter to set the current tool. You can check the macro system variable #4120 to see what tool it thinks is the current tool.
    i.e. #1 = #4120
    then check variable #1 in the variable list.

did you put the parameter back to original and does it work correctly?

Because its a mill and because tool change macros supplied by MTB's are common, I still say there was a custom 9xxx macro somewhere that has been erased.

Had some time to check the machine this afternon and all parameters were still left. It was the pc timers, counters, keepers and data table that were all zero'd. Also my 9000 program and offsets were lost.
    After rewrite this everything works again.
    The control works with both the old setup and the test with the new option, but i ensure you "fordav11" - If i should use that setting, i will pay in big bucks to fanucs account for their great service on old vintage controls....

I also wonder how you youreself now optionparameters? I assume that you work for Fanuc because it wouldn't be that you have changed parameters yourself...?

Regarding a 9xxx macro for toolchange, there still isn't any and it works as it should!

I also have learned today when re-input my data that pc-counter 01 set the current spindle tool and numbers in changer.
    Also wich pc-keeper (02) that sets the red warning / towerlight, and i wonder if someone maybe has more info on that because i would like to activate the green and yellow light there as well... Now only my red light works at alarm. I believe that the green and yellow should work with cycle in progress and cycle finished!?

/Thanks.