586,140 active members*
4,771 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Parameter restore problem on Alextech, Fanuc OTC

Parameter restore problem on Alextech, Fanuc OTC

I have an Alextech ANL-200 Lathe which has lost the system due to Alarm 90x parity. I have done clearing the alarm and in the process of reloading the parameter.

Problem is , after I load the parameters numbers 900+ and NC parameter, I still have the machine lock in MDI mode. Rotating the edit/auto/jog selector switch yield nothing. I checked the diagnostic page, G022/122 don't response to the selection. And I found that Single block/rapid/etc switch which is located below the mode selector switch does change the G022/122 state, which means when i press and hold the rapid button, MDI mode will change to Auto. Holding rapid + single block will change the mode to Edit, and etc.

And I can't enter the PMC timer and counter data, either manually or using RS232. When I enter a 00001100 in N300, data is still kept at 00000000.
    Now the machine can go off the emergency state and servo is ready, but none of the axis can move. Machine gives no alarm at all.

I begin to suspect that the parameter backup is not the original backup of this machine. But will any parameter cause the Mode selection problem?

If your control uses the PMC function, it may also control the mdi switches.
    You should be able to enter the pmc parameters (diagnostics) by going into e-stop, setting pwe and then entering the data.

Quote Originally Posted by kongzai View Post
    I have an Alextech ANL-200 Lathe which has lost the system due to Alarm 90x parity. I have done clearing the alarm and in the process of reloading the parameter.

Problem is , after I load the parameters numbers 900+ and NC parameter, I still have the machine lock in MDI mode. Rotating the edit/auto/jog selector switch yield nothing. I checked the diagnostic page, G022/122 don't response to the selection. And I found that Single block/rapid/etc switch which is located below the mode selector switch does change the G022/122 state, which means when i press and hold the rapid button, MDI mode will change to Auto. Holding rapid + single block will change the mode to Edit, and etc.

And I can't enter the PMC timer and counter data, either manually or using RS232. When I enter a 00001100 in N300, data is still kept at 00000000.
    Now the machine can go off the emergency state and servo is ready, but none of the axis can move. Machine gives no alarm at all.

I begin to suspect that the parameter backup is not the original backup of this machine. But will any parameter cause the Mode selection problem?
    If you do not enter the pmc parameters you will not be able to change modes.
    As memoryman said, push the e-stop, pwe=1, sometimes the edit key to ON will help.
    Regards
    Alex

Thanks for your replies.

I manage to enter the PMC parameter, by pressing and holding the Dry Run Key, because it happens to be the memory protect key after i check the signal in the Diagnostic page.

But problem happens to be the same, still lock in MDI mode. Servo drive is ready but one of the axis will move and machine gives no alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by kongzai View Post
    Thanks for your replies.

I manage to enter the PMC parameter, by pressing and holding the Dry Run Key, because it happens to be the memory protect key after i check the signal in the Diagnostic page.

But problem happens to be the same, still lock in MDI mode. Servo drive is ready but one of the axis will move and machine gives no alarm.
    If you entered the pmc parameters and you manage to move an axis, I suppose by giving it a command in MDI mode, then you might have a problem with the mode buttons? Have you checked +24VDC in the MDI panel? Do you have electric and ladder diagrams? The signals for these mode buttons should go to an I/O board. Maybe the I/O board is bad?
    Regards
    Alex

Check prm905
    Should be 00000001 depending on the number of steps in the ladder.