I have seen the job of scraping the ways and truing the gibs on the machines a few times and seem to only catch bits and pieces of the process. Has anyone done a complete walkthrough on the 3 axis's for a newbie to follow? My machine is still manual but I am building a new table for it so it will probably come apart so I can move it. I thought that would be a good time to tweak and clean up the ways. I have seen where some people have changed the angle on them from 55 to 60 degrees with favorable results but I didnt see much on how. I dont have access to any other machines so I am going to have to keep this to hand tools. So with that said can anyone point me in a direction to find a good explanation on what and how to do it?

On a side note I have been using grease for the ways and ball screws. Would it be beneficial to change to an oiler type system and cuts some oil paths while the machine is apart? I use a moly grease that has almost a fibrous look to it from the auto parts store on the ways (very light) and heavier on the travel screws. If there is something better or a reason I should stop this im all ears.

Thanks for any help.