586,389 active members*
3,230 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Programming a Journeyman 250 w/Dynapath Delta 10M/20M Control

Programming a Journeyman 250 w/Dynapath Delta 10M/20M Control

I am looking to program a Circle Mill Pocket on our Journeyman 250. Can someone point me to a thread or to someone that may have knowledge for this type of programming? I am looking to use the G7 code, but I have some in depth questions.

Thank you in advance.

I would have to say the manual is the best source of information on the Circle Mill event.

A couple not-so-obvious facts:

Since the center of the circle mill is described in the event, it is not necessary to position the tool to the center of the pocket. Just be aware that the tool will return to the original position after the circle mill is complete.

You must activate a tool diameter in an M-Function event prior to the Circle Mill event, so that the control knows the diameter of the tool being used. This is necessary when pocketing to determine the proper overlap between passes.

Although a more recent manual (like a Delta 40/50/60 mill manual) can be used, be aware some variables were added, like starting angle (A, I think).

Activating an M-Function event may be my issue right now. When the quill lowers into position, I receive the following fault message:

R < Circ+L

How do I insert the M-Function? I do know G&M code programming and conversational, but this machine has me baffled at times.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by jagardner4 View Post
    I would have to say the manual is the best source of information on the Circle Mill event.

A couple not-so-obvious facts:

Since the center of the circle mill is described in the event, it is not necessary to position the tool to the center of the pocket. Just be aware that the tool will return to the original position after the circle mill is complete.

You must activate a tool diameter in an M-Function event prior to the Circle Mill event, so that the control knows the diameter of the tool being used. This is necessary when pocketing to determine the proper overlap between passes.

Although a more recent manual (like a Delta 40/50/60 mill manual) can be used, be aware some variables were added, like starting angle (A, I think).

You can enter an M-Function event (an event type 9) in a block prior to the Circle Mill event. For example, enter the Circle Mill event at N0010, then you can put the M-Function event at N0005.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I am looking to program a Circle Mill Pocket on our Journeyman 250. Can someone point me to a thread or to someone that may have knowledge for this type of programming? I am looking to use the G7 code, but I have some in depth questions.

Thank you in advance.
    We used to have one of these at my work.Absolutely loved that machine.Too bad they sold it off

The G7 code during a circle mill event is a full pocket code.

Do you have a tool number designated at the beginning of the program?
    You must have a tool diameter (mode 6 )
    Also the tool dia must be smaller than the dia of the pocket your trying to cut.

Any other Q's fire away.I've been programming these for 15 + years