586,465 active members*
3,703 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Notice- Reci improves laser tubes from V series to W series in 2012

Smile Notice- Reci improves laser tubes from V series to W series in 2012

:wave:

Notice- Reci improves laser tubes from V series to W series in 2012

New W series:

W2-90W Peak Power 100W
    W4-120W Peak Power 135W
    W6-150W Peak Power 170W
    W8-170W Peak Power 195W

Tube Life: 10000hours, warrenty time:10 months

Melody
    E-mail: [email protected]

Nice to know. Of course it would be incredible if they ever going to produce a min. 250-280W glass laser tube. There are more powerful RF laser tubes, but they are simply too expensive, so I'm sticking with my 150W Reci V6 glass tube at the moment. If I ever have to buy a new Reci tube, will the new ones be compatible with my current power supply? (My PS is Reci too.) I mean, higher power tubes will need higher power PSs, right?

Hi, TurkishDelight,

+- 20W laser power doesn't matter much. Of cause if you have enough budget, you'd better match your new laser tube with a new laser power. If you match your W6 new laser tube with your old v6 power, maybe you can only get the power of 140W~ But you can still use it.

Thans for your reply, Melody. I think I'm better off by buying a new machine and selling the current one. But even the 195W Reci might not be powerful enough for me.

Yesterday RECI told me that they don't produce the W8 model atm, "because which is spent long time testing and producing, which maybe affect u normal work!". So the rumours about the stabilization problems of the W8 model might be true after all. Anybody knows anything about the situation?

It is true the production of W8 is low and the tubes are not so stable. But some of my customers are using W8 now. I'll ask them using feedback.

So I am in Austin TX - I own a TransonCNC 150w 35" x 55" laser, and a Full Spectrum Pro 60 (upgraded to 80).

I am about to order replacement tubes from Reci, for myself and a colleague in Houston. The more stuff we order, the less it costs, and the less shipping per unit.

If you are in TX, LA, or OK and want to get in on this order and save some money, let me know. I do not intend to mark up the cost on anything you add to this order, as I am saving money on what I buy, and that's really enough.

I will handle the shipping and import issues etc. The cost of that stuff will be divided fairly, by the ratio of what you spend to the total cost of the order. If we get enough to make it a pallet, it will cost a lot less than air freight. I can accept credit cards, so you can take advantage of your bank's buyer protection - that way you can be sure I am not a scammer (which I am not)

Don't Wait Until You Have a Failure! Be Prepared!

We can arrange to meet somewhere halfway so neither of us has to drive the whole way roundtrip.

TL;DR - Buy Reci Tubes and Supplies for less by going in with me.

Contact me at brcguy -at- gmail -dot- com