586,499 active members*
2,138 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

new 5x10 build

Well I have been working on this table a lot over the last two weeks. Since its a full bolt together table there was a lot of drilling and tapping(all ridged tapping on mill).

Now that the frame is all level and square, started working on parts for gantry. Should have the gantry rolling tomarrow.

I have 95% of the parts to finish up the table minus the water table need to get the steel for it.

Here is a couple picture as of yesterday.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 004.JPG   005.JPG   006.jpg   007.jpg  

Got the gantry moving on the frame. Had to make some small changes with my design. It moves very easy on the frame.

Here is pictures of the where I am now.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG   002.JPG   003.JPG   005.JPG  

Nice

Did you build your gantry from 80/20 material or buy a complete gantry elsewhere?

Can you explain the X-axis a little more in detail? I can see your bearings but the don't understand the upper & lower CR is attached to the tube.

Thanks,

Tom

The gantry is 80/20 parts from an 80/20 distributer. Made the other parts to myself for bearings.

Not sure what your asking about the X axis. There is 4 bearing to keep it square to the CR flat bar and bearings to support weight and keep it flat against table. I have had to change a couple things along the way but its going together very smoth.

Gary

Gary,

My eyes are failing me. The lower bar is the rack. I could not see it on my monitor at the shop. At home I am able to make it out better.

Thanks and keep the pics coming.

Tom

Well got some more work done on the table today. Both sides of the X axis has the drive gear mounted and tested with jogging in mach. moves so smooth at 150ipm. The Y axis is just about done little more work tomarrow and it should be moving along with the Z.

Here is a couple pictures of the progress.

I messed up when I ordered my candcnc package, did not get the extra cable added so will need to make up some of my own cables. So far very very pleased with Candcnc.com and Tom.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG   002.JPG   003.JPG   004.JPG  

005.JPG  

can you give rough estimate as to how much this DIY costs (less the plasma unit). i need to build a table, perhaps a 4x8 or 4x4 and need a DIY to follow, etc. do you know of any upper halves (by that i mean the xyz system) that is a DIY kit? i can fab the bottom half (table), etc. i need a CNC table for my Cutmaster-38.

I will give a full break down of cost when I am done. Should start test cuts mid week or so. just about all done with wiring gantry to table all that is left after that is to get slats in water bed.

Gary

here is the first piece of art off the table. Not to bad for first try just a few bugs to work out and will be flying.. this is 12ga cut at 190ipm with 65A tip cut at 45A, did not take long to cut it out. Cant wait tell i get some finecut and 45a tips.

still some bugs to work out with voltage and height but off to a good start.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001a.jpg   008a.jpg   010a.jpg