586,461 active members*
3,671 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Demo in ATL?

Demo in ATL?

I'm considering getting a Tormach.... I'm a total newbie which may raise some eyebrows....

If anyone in the Atlanta area has a 770 or 1100 and would be willing to give me a demo, I'd like to contact you off list. I'm up by Lake Lanier, but I'm semi-retired so I can make arrangements as need be either during the day or in the evening.

This will be in my home in the basement and used primarily for small parts manufacturing for all my other associated hobbies ...

Thanks, my direct email is adamson(underscore)alan at hotmail dot com if you'd have the time and would be willing to *talk shop*

Thanks,
    Alan

Tormach shows locations of owners that are willing to demo or discuss their machines here:

Mill Demos & Referrals | Tormach LLC | We provide personal small CNC machines, CNC tooling, and many more CNC items

but there doesn't seem to be anybody listed in Atlanta yet. It's worth giving Tormach a call and asking them for local referrals, though. They won't bug you continually or hassle you at all.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Tormach shows locations of owners that are willing to demo or discuss their machines here:

Mill Demos & Referrals | Tormach LLC | We provide personal small CNC machines, CNC tooling, and many more CNC items

but there doesn't seem to be anybody listed in Atlanta yet. It's worth giving Tormach a call and asking them for local referrals, though. They won't bug you continually or hassle you at all.

Mike
    Thanks Mike, I dropped them an email... Saw a couple of people who replied to other posts on this forum and sent them a PM... Hoping someone will have the time and willingness to share their Tormach with me ...

Alan

I'm 4 hrs away in N. Florida. Don't know if that will help at all.

I have a series 3 machine and have owned it for about 4 months. I have the pneumatic draw bar, auto oiler, jog pendant, and deluxe stand w/ coolant. So far no issues what so ever. I bought a 2.4 ghz intel pentium cpu 512mb ram 48x cd rom 80gb HD from outlet pc for $150 new loaded with windows XP sp3. added a video card 1gb ram. It's about the same size as the Tormach contoller. Uninstalled and turned off all of the non important stuff so far so good.. I know alot of people say not to use wireless or usb KB/mouse but I hate all the cables. I am currently using a wireless kb and mouse.

Thanks to all the replied to me, some via direct email... I'll be back in touch as I sort out some scheduling and will contact which way I go prior so we can plan... I'm so looking forward to this.

Thanks,
    Alan