586,160 active members*
3,539 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: axis fault 7

axis fault 7

I have a Bridgeport VMC 760/22 dx32 controls, siemens drives. Im getting an axis fault alarm. The X drive module is displaying and error code "7". I have the maintenance manuals, but its not really saying what, where or how to check the things that might be causing this error. There is a flow chart in the manual, but I'm not familiar with the terminology or the symbols.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do any checks?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BrotherPrinter_002844.jpg  

I believe that a alarm 7 indicates a open wire. Since this is the X axis. That would make sense. There are 3 cables going to the motor which moves with the saddle thus flexing in that wireway and prone to hardening from oil and coolant and the cable breaking.
    There is a encoder cable, but my concern is for the armature cable and motor tach cable. There screw into the motor side.
    The X and Y motors and drives are identical. So those can be swapped for diagnostic purposes (one at a time). Mark the optimization cards with a Sharpie as those stay with their intended axis.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Drive is faulty. Took out the axis module and check for opened fuse, caused by shorted IGBT.