587,066 active members*
3,341 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > lots of question, just one at a time!

lots of question, just one at a time!

I am having a difficult time trying to get v23 to work for me. hope there is help out there to figure this out. Since I was told that bobcad doesn't support insert cutters I am trying to figure out how different ways to get my features milled

I am trying to create a circular pocket for a starting spot for my plunge mill.
    I am using a 1.0 insert cutter and trying to do a helical interpolation to get my starting point. can anyone explain how I can accomplish that?

Quote Originally Posted by XC700RMK View Post
    I am having a difficult time trying to get v23 to work for me. hope there is help out there to figure this out. Since I was told that bobcad doesn't support insert cutters I am trying to figure out how different ways to get my features milled

I am trying to create a circular pocket for a starting spot for my plunge mill.
    I am using a 1.0 insert cutter and trying to do a helical interpolation to get my starting point. can anyone explain how I can accomplish that?
    I would state the tool as 1" and use a helical lead in. Under "Material Entry", use "Spiral."

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

bare with me I know I am a little slow. example, If I want to create a 1.875 dia starting point, and I am using a 1.0 insert cutter. and choose the helical lead in, will it helical in at 1.875 or will it helical in at some odd size and profile to 1.875?

Quote Originally Posted by XC700RMK View Post
    bare with me I know I am a little slow. example, If I want to create a 1.875 dia starting point, and I am using a 1.0 insert cutter. and choose the helical lead in, will it helical in at 1.875 or will it helical in at some odd size and profile to 1.875?
    It depends on what your setting are in the feature. I do not understand them well at all. I just play with the start point and other settings until I get something that works. It is really confusing to me also. I don't understand the angle of approach at all. And the starting point does not seem to right to me at all. It seems to not move when changed then it will jump right out of the pocket.

Burrman will be able to help and probably others also.

Hang in there!!!!!!
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28