586,608 active members*
3,554 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese engrave 220 50hz not 110 60hz

HI I bought one of those engravers off eBay and it took over a month to get it and only after filing a complaint. So when I open it up it is 220 50hz which we do not us here in the US. Would anyone know how I can get around that? Or what I could do to adapt or change it? I am sure it stated 110 on the ebay ad but the ad is now gone. Any help or advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks

IMO you don't need to worry about the 50Hz / 60Hz as there will be no component parts that are that frequency dependant. The easiest solution would be to buy a 110 to 210 volt step-up transformer (that is rated to handle the total machine current requirements) and use that in the line.

Are you sure you don't have two phase incoming supply that will provide 220 Volts ??

Tweakie.
    CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Most chinese lasers have a supply that can handle both 110V and 220V. I think you just should contact the seller to know what is the voltage range of his machine.

The transformer sounds like a good idea and affordable. I do have 220 but not sure how the wiring in China and the US compare.
    I have tried to contact them but they have not responded yet. I will wait and see what they come up with. The plug that came with it is different than what we use here.

An alternative to a transformer is just come off a 240v 1ph breaker in the panel.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

The word from the place I purchased the unit from is to get a 110 to 210 volt step-up transformer. I will get one ordered today. I think possibly one from Amazon maybe 1000 watt unit. That should be enough to not cause it to struggle. There website has the laser engraver listed as 250 watts. Does that sound about right?

Sounds OK to me - perhaps better to have one that exceeds your power requirements as long as the price is good.

Tweakie.

Well today I got it all assembled and the 110 to 210 volt step-up transformer will be here tomorrow. Now if I can just figure out how to adjust this thing and how this MoshiDraw work I might be able to test it out. Just need to read a bunch tonight and be ready to flip the switch tomorrow.

I am chinese ,the first thing brfore we arrange shipment ,we usually ask the Voltage and models fo supply line in your local place.

Well the 110 to 220 converter arrived and seems to work great. The mirrors seem to be out of align and I seen a thread on alignment but can't seem to find it so I will keep looking. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it very much. At least I am making a little progress so I will keep plugging and searching away.!

Quote Originally Posted by blairgr View Post
    Well the 110 to 220 converter arrived and seems to work great. The mirrors seem to be out of align and I seen a thread on alignment but can't seem to find it so I will keep looking. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it very much. At least I am making a little progress so I will keep plugging and searching away.!
    Here is some info Laser Beam Alignment

Tweakie.

Thanks. I used that link and boy was it waaaaay out of focus. But I got it and seem to be working fairly well. I did a small butterfly in wood and it turned out nice I think. Now I need to figure out how to do a picture of my wife and make her happy maybe

Excellent

Tweakie.