I would like to compile a list of vendors that offer a "Plug and Play" stepper motor and controller kit. I've been shopping around and I figure I can’t be the only one searching for this information. If this thread already exists somewhere else please let me know!

If you have experience with any of these kits PLEASE add a review or link to where there is some discussion. If you have purchased a kit from a vendor that does not appear on this list please post about it and I will add it to this list.

CNC Router Parts

Quote Originally Posted by ggibson View Post
I purchased the CNCRouterParts 4 Axis kit about 2 years ago for my 8020 2'x4' CNC machine, and it was easy to put together (the motors having connectors to plug directly into the G540) and has performed perfectly for 2 years. I've contacted Ahren for support for other items (never needed it for the steppers/controller) and his responses have been very quick, friendly, and helpful.
Thanks,
Glen
Quote Originally Posted by DonFrambach View Post
I purchased the 3 motor kit from CNCRouterParts.com about 18 months ago. I got the larger power supply for no good reason. Worked just fine. I did replace the cables because I wanted to put the resisters closer to the stepper motors. My version of the G540 made the motors run hot unless the resisters were close to the motor. I understand that the current version of the G540 allow the motors to run cooler no matter where the resister is placed.

Keling INC

Xylotex

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
Xylotex... as close to plug and play as you're possibly going to get. Affordable. Good performance considering the price. If you're smart about leadscrew choice, you won't have the resonance issues that some have faced. Even then, making your own mechanical dampers can alleviate them. Fast delivery. Never used online support because never had a problem. Rapids on x gantry over 200ipm, 400ipm on y with 8-start leadscrews...

Probotix

Quote Originally Posted by prcdslnc13 View Post
Ive bought 2 3axis kits from Probotix. (2 different machines)

Fantastic product and amazing support. These guys really love hobby cnc and what they do. Highly recommend them.

Homann Desgns

Build Your CNC

Longs Motor

Wantai Motor

Fine Line Automation

ProCut CNC

Motion Control Products

Rhonmac-CNC

Stepperworld

Automation Technology

CW Motor

HobbyCNC