586,154 active members*
3,768 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > TOOL ARM NOT FULLY ROTATING!! HELP!!

TOOL ARM NOT FULLY ROTATING!! HELP!!

Help!!! I have a VF3SS and have a problem with the side mounted tool changer tool arm during a tool change. Its rotating half way and then stopping, Ive tried putting in a heavy tool to try and stop it but makes no difference. Please help!!!

What alarms do you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    What alarms do you get?
    no alarms, just sticks when trying to do a tool change, could it be the cambox or servo amp??

I'm no tech, just trying to get the ball rolling for you. Someone should be along shortly that knows a helluva lot more than I do.

Does the arm work normally at 5% rapid? 25? 50 or 100%?

It strikes me as odd that you don't get alarms. Does the cycle simply stall infinitely?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    I'm no tech, just trying to get the ball rolling for you. Someone should be along shortly that knows a helluva lot more than I do.

Does the arm work normally at 5% rapid? 25? 50 or 100%?

It strikes me as odd that you don't get alarms. Does the cycle simply stall infinitely?
    it happens at any rapid, my worker txt me earlier as im out of the country at the moment, just said when doing a tool change the arm stops mid way through and we have todo the recovery process??

It should be giving some sort of alarm...but shy of that I'd say your guy may not be telling you everything that happened:nono:

I've NEVER had my arm stop half way FWIW - 2006 VF3SS
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by WallyL7 View Post
    It should be giving some sort of alarm...but shy of that I'd say your guy may not be telling you everything that happened:nono:

I've NEVER had my arm stop half way FWIW - 2006 VF3SS
    i know! it must be showing an alarm! i hope its not the cambox

With no alarm mentioned its hard to understand whats going on. Have your operator call the number on the machine for help. A technition can usually help step through the problem to find the cause or get it working again.

sorted, there was oil leaking from the bottom of the cambox, so no oil in the cambox! just need a new bearing cap to stop the leak

Nice. Got to check fluids once in awhile if a leak is seen. Just make sure the correct oil is used after that seal is replaced. Dont want any other mishaps.

Quote Originally Posted by deadjam View Post
    sorted, there was oil leaking from the bottom of the cambox, so no oil in the cambox! just need a new bearing cap to stop the leak
    And fresh oil I hope!?

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    And fresh oil I hope!?
    oh yeah!!!

filled the cambox with oil, fitted new bearing cap, all fine until after a few tool changes we get the alarm 673 - TT SERVO ERROR TOO LARGE.

any help much appreciated