586,594 active members*
2,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

5t Battery replace reset

Ok , one more try because I cant give it up. Wasino gangster with 5T , replaced batteries when purchased because owner never did and sunk all parameters. How do I reset alarm and enter the lost parameters.
    Does anyone sell a reprint of the manual for this controller, tried to find a couple of years ago with no luck.
    Also what is Dan Fritz's website or how can I contact to look at interface if I can get this thing up?
    Thanks
    Jeff

Control panel alarms

Here is what the panel looks like on power up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc 5T Alarms.JPG  

Jeff,

You could try holding the RESET button while turning on the control. This clears all the parameters.

The display on your panel does not look good. You should be able to curser through the ADDRESSES and increment the NUMBERS without batteries or parameters.

Check your power supply voltages and A/B boards for alarm LEDS.

Darek

Thanks HillBilly, will try to do the reset thing on power up, I think I even took my socks off and used my toes to press all the buttons at one time to reset. I have zero literature on this thing so I am thinking the bolt cutters are coming out to start choppin cables! The service tech said the same thing when he looked at the display "oh that's not good".
    I want to manually jump the spindle drive to make sure it works , then I think I have narrowed down a stepper conversion kit to use on it.
    If I can come in under 3000 then it is worth it to me.
    Again thanks for the response, will take some pics with chainsaw cocked back to chop!
    Jeff

I think I have narrowed my problem down to the A board. After pricing them I started stripping the control off. The Fanuc 5's have a certain charm, but I think there useful life is coming to a end, not bad for a control of the late 70's!

I am keeping the Fanuc 5 servo motors and encoders. Mine have gears mounted on them that mesh with the machine gears and the motors have tapered shafts. To switch the gears over to new motors is more than I want to get into.

Darek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mazak01.JPG   DSC09293.jpg   DSC09294.jpg  

Hi Jeff,
    What batteries did you replace; there are two set on the main board. If you lost the parameters, its most likely the set that connects at the Top Centre of the board. This set is generally made up of three SR44's joined in Series to total 4.5v. There is no hidden trick to Resetting the battery alarm. Once you have a viable power source connected, the alarm will extinguish. You should also see a battery error LED just right of centre of where the battery connects to the main board. When these batteries require replacing, I do so with a battery carrier that takes three "AA" batteries.

A copy of the manual for the control (Fanuc manual) won't help you much, if all parameters are lost. All the manuals I've seen only have the parameters from 03 to about 19. You need to get a copy of the parameters from Wasino, as the majority of the parameters are machine related. Parameters 0 through 02 are option parameters. Wasino should be able to help with the parameter listing for the machine. If you decide to contact them, don't forget to include the Serial number of the machine in your request. I had to resurrect a 5T controlled Mazak M5 recently that was suffering the same blues as your machine. The agents for Mazak here were very helpful, I'd imagine the agents for Wasino would be likewise.

Depending if its a very early 5T, you may need a special parameter tape and a procedure involving jumping pins on the main board. If you're a bit lucky you may not have the control that requires that. The Parameter Write Enable switch for the 5T is located at the Top Left corner at the back of the 7 segment display panel. Its labeled PRM - Normal. Obviously switch it to PRM when altering or inputting parameters. The moment you press Input to register a parameter change, the alarm LED of the display comes on. The P/S alarm is 00. Disregard this alarm, Reset after completing all parameter Inputs will extinguish this condition.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks

Thanks Bill and Darek for the help, I had a moment two Fridays ago. It got late and I had too much coffee so I started with the wire cutters and ripped the 5T off of the machine. I got as far as stripping the servo motor from the Z drive and saw what you are saying about the gear drive and tapered shafts because this wasino is the same. Bill, damn dude you know this control! I think I have to be honest with myself and the fact that I have three other machines to keep running, without knowing anything about this control I would rather retro new steppers on and learn how to set it up. For my business I will continue to buy older equipment and look to retro it as I go, at least that way the tech support is still available for the technology I put on.
    The Wasino will only be used for basic programs with no threading or detail, and will pay for itself in that function.
    Again , thanks for the help
    Jeff D