586,635 active members*
3,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

B-axis rotation - shortest route

We have a Mazak 630 horizontal machining center and the B-axis always rotates CW, when I would like it to rotate CCW sometimes (to take the shortest route). The programmer before me said he thought it was a parameter change, but wasn't sure and can't find the parameter book. (It sure sounds like it would be a parameter change).

Anyway, I was wondering if there could be a macro written for this. I'm a rookie when it comes to writing macros so was looking for some help. It a Mazak M32+ control.

Thanks for any help.

Hey Phil,
    I posted this over in the machinetoolhelp forum for a different user name of "cncguy" but considering it is the exact same question I am going to post it here as well incase it helps anyone else.

Is it safe to ass u me that you are cncguy as well?? A lot of the same questions from 2 different users in 2 different forums.

I am not up on the Mazak programming lingo so I will not be able to help you with code. However a macro will not give you what you want. If you wanted to do shortest distance without the parameter change then you would have to program a B- or B+ from the position you are at or from B0.

Now the machines that I am familiar with will have a parameter setting for this which has already been pointed out to you. I would recommend finding the parameter manual online or by other means and simply setting the parameter and no additional programing is required. I have done this for all the rotary axis machines that I have setup.

In Fanuc controls it is determined by bit RINC which will move the rotary axis in the direction that is the least movement. I have also found setting bit RDAx for the rollover function. This way the control will not go past 360deg. Once it reaches 360 it will roll back over to 0 instead of adding to the 360deg.

Stevo

Yes, that would be me as well - trying to reach as many people as possible...and when and if I get the answers, I will always post them in all forums to help others. I think these forums are awesome and have been a great help to me as I'm trying to take my skills to a higher level.

Thanks for the info, as always...

- Paul

Sorry I could not be of more help. I just know the Fanuc bits for this. I am sure someone will have what you need.

Stevo