586,133 active members*
3,936 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Tree 325 dynapath delta 20 drip feed

Tree 325 dynapath delta 20 drip feed

I was trying to drip feed a program and it faulted. So I looked at the fault
    (021) radius issue. I went back to auto to see what line it stopped at and hit the reset button and the scrren went blank heard a clunk in the back of machine, and i had to turn off and refence machine and all programs and tool settings are gone WHAT WENT WRONG?

The problem is not related to drip feeding or the 021 error.

This is speculation on my part, but it sounds like pressing the Control Reset button caused a DC output to turn on (or off), which then caused a relay coil to turn on (or off). This action caused a short in the +24VDC and the entire power supply "crowbarred" or shut down. This is why the screen went blank.

The power supply would have reset when you cycled power on the machine, but one of the side effects of the sudden shutdown was apparently to lose part program memory and tool offsets. This may indicate a bad backup battery.

I think you need to find what is shorting out when you press the Control Reset button. You could start by connecting a meter to the +24VDC and recreating the problem to verify that the +24VDC is indeed going to 0VDC.

Quote Originally Posted by jagardner4 View Post
    The problem is not related to drip feeding or the 021 error.

This is speculation on my part, but it sounds like pressing the Control Reset button caused a DC output to turn on (or off), which then caused a relay coil to turn on (or off). This action caused a short in the +24VDC and the entire power supply "crowbarred" or shut down. This is why the screen went blank.

The power supply would have reset when you cycled power on the machine, but one of the side effects of the sudden shutdown was apparently to lose part program memory and tool offsets. This may indicate a bad backup battery.

I think you need to find what is shorting out when you press the Control Reset button. You could start by connecting a meter to the +24VDC and recreating the problem to verify that the +24VDC is indeed going to 0VDC.
    I got the thing to drip feed and figuered out the problem why it kicked all of my memory out. The information that ive read and seen on all forums is somewhat confusing to a person that is new to cnc. The good thing is that now I have experienced the whole thing first hand I can walk anybody through that process again. Thank you for helping me.

Bump on an old post, but curious what you found the problem to be. I've been drip feeding the Dynapath on my Tree mill for about a year and the machine shut down and did the same thing you described to me yesterday when hitting the reset button.

WW
    Manufacturing & Development
    ThermaeCooling.com

Quote Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post
    Bump on an old post, but curious what you found the problem to be. I've been drip feeding the Dynapath on my Tree mill for about a year and the machine shut down and did the same thing you described to me yesterday when hitting the reset button.

WW
    I read in the manual later that week and it was saying that you always need to hit MOTION STOP BUTTON to pause program, Then go ahead and hit reset to stop and go back home.