586,477 active members*
2,976 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > looking for a used Haas, indiana

looking for a used Haas, indiana

Finally ready to take the plunge. Manual mill doesnt cut it anymore. Im in the market for a used vertical Haas. My preferred size is a vf-3, but will look at offers. I would like it to have some options.

jog handle,
    programmable coolant
    extra memory
    usb port, floppy would work
    rigid tapping.

This machine will see 500 hours or less a year. The closer to Indiana the better. thanks in advance.

I'd contact used machine dealers. Be diligent. Prices seem to be way up on used stuff...so you will need to be picky in order to get a good one.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by WallyL7 View Post
    I'd contact used machine dealers. Be diligent. Prices seem to be way up on used stuff...so you will need to be picky in order to get a good one.
    +1

Keep an eye on Ebay and craigslist. I have purchased 4 used Haas machines in the past 3 years. 1 was from a used machine dealer. 2 were from ebay (1 was a broker and 1 was a shop) and one was off craigslist (shop). Buying direct from shops selling their equipment has definitely been the best value. The latest one we purchased was a 2000 VF-0B for 20K before shipping. If you are planning to finance it try and get that squared away in advance so that when the deals pop up you can grab them. If you do decide to purchase from a machine broker, keep in mind that they might not have ever even seen the machine the are selling you. When we bought our VF-3 we had three different brokers trying to sell us the same machine. One of them actually had it and the other two were just going to buy it from him, mark it up and sell it to us. With some Google time you can usually figure out who has it. Also a quick call to Haas in Oxnard with the serial number will allow you to verify any options they say it is equipped with. The used market is a bit tough right now. A lot of shops are needing to expand but can't afford to purchase new. Good luck!

J

trying to buy one before the broker gets ahold of it.