586,129 active members*
2,789 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LCTHC/POWERMAX 65

Do I need a CPC port on the Powermax when connecting up the LCTHC?

Or, can I just go no CPC and connect it the same as the powermax 45 internally?...when using a machine torch.

All of the Powermax45's come equipped with a CPC port. On the Powermax65 it is optional at the time of purchase, but can be added at any time (order part number 228696 from a Hypertherm dealer).

The CPC port on a Powermax65 (or 85) has the plasma start input (active only with machine torch plugged into power supply), has the arc transferred output (also know as "arc good", "ok to move", "machine motion"....depending on the device you are interfacing) and it has a voltage divider output (factory set at 1/50th of arc voltage, can be reset to 1/21.1, 1/20, 1/25 or 1/40 of arc voltage by setting a dip switch inside unit)

Internal connections for a cnc machine interface would require reading the schematic and cutting and splicing wires....I would not recommend doing it this way for safety and warranty issues.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by foam27 View Post
    Do I need a CPC port on the Powermax when connecting up the LCTHC?

Or, can I just go no CPC and connect it the same as the powermax 45 internally?...when using a machine torch.

I have a 65 working with the LCTHC. If you have the CPC port, you only need to provide the raw arc voltage. The LCTHC won't take the divided voltage.

The raw arc voltage is accessible from the PCB on the lower left front of the machine. I drilled a small hole in the rear panel and ran the leads from there to the THC sensor card. All of the other leads are available on the CPC port.

I have my sensor card mounted in a plastic project box and velcroed to the side of the 65.

Willy

I can provide detailed instructions in a .pdf file (from Hypertherm) for making the Raw arc voltage connections. You can email me direct and I will send it back to you
    [email protected]

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Thank you Jim and Willy, I will email you Jim.

Thanks for your time guys.

I did not recieve the RJ45 to DB9 adapter with my LCTHC....

I can go buy one at the electronics store, does anyone know if it it a straight through, null, or other config?

when you buy these adapters you have to set the pins from RJ45 to DB9...