The file I am trying to generate gcode for is actually a dxf from Inkscape. It seemed easier to format the text in Inkscape, but maybe dxf files require more computation than the native text in F-Engrave. Is that the case? I'm not 100% on how the whole thing works, but since both the text and the dxfs are treated as vector graphics I believed that an equivalent shape (a "T" entered in F-Engrave vs a "T" of the same font exported as a dxf from Inkscape) would require the same computation. Maybe you can shed some light on that if I am mistaken.
Anyways, I started the program on a Friday afternoon on my work computer, and when I came in on Monday it was still hung up (maybe still working, but I didn't let it keep going). I tried to attach the file to this post but I keep getting an error, so just picture 146 words accross 15 lines, scaled to a square about 18 inches by 18 inches. I know computers aren't supposed to care how many calculations they do and theoretically at some point it would finish processing, but I think the program is actually freezing up, not just thinking in the background. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Or maybe fixing it isn't the solution. Maybe there is simply a size limitation that we have to work around.
About the solution you proposed with resetting the zero location, would that cause my text to stack directly on top of itself with no space in between? My understanding was that the program created a bounding box around the content and so the space above or below would be ignored.
I know I am pestering you with a lot of questions. If you want you can tell me to go jump in a creek... I know this stuff takes a lot of work. V-carve isn't free for a reason.