587,067 active members*
3,730 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser problem

i was cutting mdf no problem last night - then all of a sudden it stopped cutting and deceided to only burn the image onto the wood instead - no one was near the machine - it wasnt knocked in anyway it just changed what it was doing - i have checked water temp and water flow - all ok - no bubbles in tube - cleaned lens etc - now the tube fires up but noway near the power as it will not even pulse enough to burn paper so i can check alignment - i have to run the machine to get a scorch mark on paper directly out of the tube - i have rebooted machine still the same

has anyone had problems like this before or can point me in the right direction

many thanks

karl

karl,
    if you can make a very small video for this is better,because now am not sure about your problem. you can write to my email: [email protected]
    or some picture

Hi Karl,
    Sound strange, good quality tubes don't just drop out! don't know who made yours. If you have checked alignment, mirrors, lense and your sure it didn't overheat, then it's down to power supply or tube . Just out of interest what shape does the beam burn, coming out of the tube?
    Cheers Simon

hi simon

its a reci tube and had the machine 8 weeks - at the head very fine point but only just marks the mdf - and the point were it comes out the tube i put paper to see dot - but not enough power when i pulse the machine i have to run it to get it to burn the paper - but then it seems to be large hole - beam is a pinky purple and goes wavey just before it leaves the tube - dont know if this is right as never really noticed that before - the amp meter is showing 4amp when i run the machine also

thanks

karl

Hi Karl, Sorry to hear its a recci! They do look the Bussiness, but they just don't cut it ( no pun intended) id be heavily leaning towards the tube now I know the make! What machine is it Karl? and what wattage is it? and Power supply pics?

i bought it from salescnc.com and its a 100w tube but i paid extra for 120w tube but was told this tube will do 120w

Hi, ya it's a 100watt, but cncsales have been, have to be careful here, let's say recci under rate there tubes so customers get a guaranteed wattage i.e 80watt will kick out say 90 to 100watts, a 100 will be say 110 to 120 and so on, so if you did measure the wattage of a new 100watt recci it would measure 110 / 120.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers Simon

Hiya Si,

I hear much the same, rate at 120 as you get 120 for 6 weeks or so but then drops back to 80 to 100.
    I just watched a video of Karl's machine, definitely the tube, the trodes are burned away quite badly and metallic vapour is deposited around the inside of the electrode chamber.

best wishes

Dave

hiya - i need a tube then yesterday - the buld was only made in august last year as its stamped - what would cause this ?? or just one of those things

can you reccomend anywere to get a bulb - even a lesser wattage for the time being as all i need to cut is 4 and 6mm mdf really desperatly

i have to speak to salecnc and also reci as they say 300 day warranty but then not local really lol

thanks for your help dave and si

karl

Hi Dave, thanks for the info, ya sounds pretty much like your tubes gone Karl! If I was in your shoes Karl I'd swap down to a 80watt, and pick a company close and reliable, a few googles and you'll find them. I cant recommend anybody as I work in the industry......: sorry good luck Karl

Hiya Si

I don't work in the industry so I can

HPC without a doubt!

laser engraving machines laser cutting machines, HPC laser LTD

best wishes

Dave

Cheers Dave 😃

Bad quality laser tubes

Bad quality laser tubes have cost me a fortune. The last one I bought arrived smashed. I paid for insurance but the rip-off merchant i bought it off (Daniel Zhu of Shanghai zurong photoelectronic technology company) never insured the shipment. Turned out that it was just a cheap imitation of a good tube also.
    I now only buy my laser tubes and lenses, mirrors etc from East Creation Laser CO., LTD. ???? I deal with Hilary. Very professional company who supply high quality parts at a good price. Give them a try.

The whole "my tube is better than your tube" farce when investigated shows many of the worlds best known competitors actually have tubes all made by the same manufacturers.
    People would be even more horrified to know where many of our so called "superior western laser machines" are actually made and what components they use

best wishes

Dave