586,161 active members*
3,373 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Arrow Injection molding

Anyone know about injection molding? Wanting to produce a product that is only about the size of a small button, similar the two part one on your jacket. Looking to produce thousands of them if things work out as planned.

Noticed some used injection molding machines at a good price, is there anything in particular I need to be looking for? Thanks.

molding machine

Hey how you doing? i have 4 injection molding machines, they are NOT easy to operate, it takes time, and i mean time....to understand all the intricaces of injection molding, I also have a cnc lathe and a haas cnc mill to make the molds. There are so many dynamics of mold making and injection molding, its insane, is it doable, yes....am i doing it for my buisness, yes...I have about 80k in the machines, be prepared to pay a ton. But making the molds and running the molds yourself will save u tons and tons of money. I was quoted 30k for one mold, and 3 dollars a part to make from an injection molding outfit.

I make them myself for 20c a part and about 500 dollars a mold...

pm me if you need any more info..

Exclamation

Doing well thanks!

Wow, that's great, thanks for the info.. Yes we do have Lathes/Mills, but I suppose I am going to have to do some reading up to see exactly what is required of the mold before I even go there. Saw some books on Amazon that might help..

Still refining the design/prototype, which thankfully I will be able to make on
    the mill.

SOME TIPS

I have a book called injection molding handbook 3rd edition, it is the ONLY book u will ever need for injection molding, its about 200$ tho but well worth it! I use my haas for the mold bases, speaking of bases u NEED to goto pcs-company.com goto where it says mold bases, and select your size and u can download a cad drawing of the molds! A friend told me and its awesome! saves u tons of time.

Talking

Wow that's fantastic! Thanks a ton, exactly what I needed to know! Greatly appreciated! : )

I am interested in investing into an plastic injection molding machine and am interested in molding and may be interested in molding for you. You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks!