I am in the market for a new clamping set for a Haas VF-1 that will hopefully be up and running soon. I have looked at Ebay, MSC and Enco as well as just browsing the web looking for good quality at a good price.
The part that keeps confusing me is with the few brands, (TECO, Gibraltar and Chinese) that are available, which ones buy from the same Chinese supplier. For example, the ENCO $29.95 set appears to be the same as the TECO set from the pictures on their site and on Google images. The Gibraltar set does appear to be from a different supplier and their reputation backs up their quality.
So is the Chinese $29.95 set any good or is it really that much better to spend the extra bucks on the top quality sets. I know the generic answer is "you get what you pay for". What I am looking for are some real world comparisons of some of the available sets out there. Like maybe if a guy bought the cheap set first to get going and bought the nice set later. What are his opinions of the two sets? Thanks for the help guys.

Steve

Here are some links to what I have found;

Enco - Guaranteed Lowest Prices on Machinery, Tools and Shop Supplies