586,655 active members*
2,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Write machine status to RS-232 interface

Write machine status to RS-232 interface

Hey guys,

sorry if someone already asked a similar question before, but I could not find an answer through forum search.

I wonder if it is possible to write some control characters to the RS-232 interface when the NC-program is going to end (close to the M30).

Is there some G- or M-Code that sends out some data when it is triggered? We want to track the time one product takes to finish. That would help us to improve the scheduling of current tasks :-)
    I have got all the manuals (maintenance, parameters, etc.) for the 18iTB-control but did not find the answer that i am looking for.

Kind regards,
    CriBer

Quote Originally Posted by CriBer View Post
    Hey guys,

sorry if someone already asked a similar question before, but I could not find an answer through forum search.

I wonder if it is possible to write some control characters to the RS-232 interface when the NC-program is going to end (close to the M30).

Is there some G- or M-Code that sends out some data when it is triggered? We want to track the time one product takes to finish. That would help us to improve the scheduling of current tasks :-)
    I have got all the manuals (maintenance, parameters, etc.) for the 18iTB-control but did not find the answer that i am looking for.

Kind regards,
    CriBer
    CriBer
    Its likely that your control will have the User Macro Executable, but it is an Option; accordingly, you need to check if you don't already know.

If User Macro is available, the External Output Commands BPRNT and DPRNT can be used for this purpose.

Because Output is stopped and subsequent data is erased when a reset operation is performed, M30 will cause this to happen. As you want to output your data close to the end of the program, you can achieve this by one of the following methods:

1. By calling a Macro Program, or Sub Program to perform the Output operation immediately prior to the M30 being executed, therefore passing control to the Macro or Sub Program.

2. Specify a Close command at the end of the program so that processing M30 is not performed until all data is output.

There is no Status bit that can be Output, but you could simply makeup your own Status Code.

Regards,

Bill

BPRNT and DPRNT are exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much.

I already testet DPRNT and I am going to use it as a macro (G65P9999A...) where I can set my status as a number (i.e 1=start, 2=pause, 3=end, 101=Tool1 Offset 1, etc).

in the main program: G65 P9999 A...;

Macro:
    :9999
    POPEN
    DPRNT[#1]
    PCLOSE
    M99
    Thanks again! Greetings,
    CriBer