586,728 active members*
2,556 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > CNC Design and Mach3 Milling Courses - Simple CNC Ltd

CNC Design and Mach3 Milling Courses - Simple CNC Ltd

Today we have officially launched our CNC design and Mach3 training courses. We have been offering these courses unofficially for a number of years which has allowed us to develop a clear understanding of the general requirements these types of courses should cover. There are various online guides and video tutorials available on the internet which covers a lot of the basic questions however all our customers say that having someone with them teaching and guiding them is second to none. This type of course gives the customer the chance to progress at their own pace whilst being able to ask questions along the way regarding their own specific requirements.

We offer a range of courses in VCarve/SheetCAM and Mach3 such as our very popular one day intensive course.

This is a ‘crash’ course for CNC milling beginners as well as users that require a refresher course and is aimed at home and hobby users as well as light industrial and manufacturing users. This course offers a step by step demonstration of the complete process from job design to machining a job with your exact product requirements in mind.

We start with an introduction to a general CNC milling machine setup and a tour covering the most used features of Mach3. We then continue to look at how to setup a machining job from the initial stages of design (CorelDraw, AutoCAD or other design program), Mach3 GCODE production (using VCarvePro 6.5, SheetCAM or other post processor) and finally importing code into Mach3 and setting up the job for machining.

This course is a great way for a beginner to gain enough knowledge and experience to be able to start machining and be in production on their own after this session and the time can also be used to setup a hobby/small CNC milling machine.

This course is also aimed at users that would like to experience using different software packages and discuss the suitability of each piece of software for their own needs. This course can also be tailored to users that require assistance setting up a specific job for production.

Typical design and code production demonstrated in this course as standard includes text engraving, shapes and image engraving as well as basic manufacturing processes such as contour and pocket operations.

We offer several other courses which focus both on Mach3 in greater depth and a course aimed at customers that require assistance setting up their CNC milling machine.

We are continuously working to add new courses.

Please visit our website to view our full range of courses.

You can also email us at [email protected] for more information and to discuss your requirements.

Many thanks
    Simple CNC Ltd

well, I will re-post this since someone deleted my last one.

I noticed your courses are very similar to the ones offered here:

Training Classes! - Volunteer Fab-Lab

I was hoping you would clarify how your stuff is not a copy of
    the stuff on the above site.

Scott
    Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaBear10 View Post
    well, I will re-post this since someone deleted my last one.

I noticed your courses are very similar to the ones offered here:

Training Classes! - Volunteer Fab-Lab

I was hoping you would clarify how your stuff is not a copy of
    the stuff on the above site.

Scott
    I checked these out thinking they were online or free courses, (wishful thinking), but I failed to see any similarity other than they are the same software, technology, and general related topics and principles. Unless I missed something?

I'm curious in what way are they a copy of your site Scott? Which if they are it is inexcusable, but I didn't see it from the quick look I had anyway.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Hi Scott,
    Firstly I can confirm our website site and our courses are most certainly not a copy of yours.
    On another thread you have posted you believe this seems very similar to your own site and that of FusionCNC. I was aware of FusionCNC however I did not know your site even existed and having said that I can also confirm we have no way copied FusionCNC either.
    The only course content I have published so far is that of our popular 'Design and Mach3 Crash Course' which now having looked at both sites in more detail I cannot see that either offer. The only similarity I can see is with our basic Mach3 course of which I have not had time yet to publish the course content so I cannot see how you feel we have copied you or FusionCNC at all.
    Having said all that when we do publish our basic Mach3 course content I am sure you will see some similarities not because we have copied your site nor FusionCNC but because in any Mach3 course there is only so much you can cover in 1 or 2 days and therefore this is likely to be the most useful/popular/main screens and features of Mach3 which are unavoidable for there not to be similarities due to this reason.
    One last point is that as I have said before we have been running these courses for several years now off the back of a CNC milling machine manufacturer and have only now decided it may be of some use to a wider audience.
    Thank you also for your PM however I am more than happy to talk about this publicly hence my reply on here and not to your PM.
    I hope this clarifies the situation.
    Thanks
    Simple CNC Ltd
    Simple CNC Ltd - Homepage for Mach3 training, Mach3 courses, CNC courses, CNC milling job design, CNC Mach3 course

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    I checked these out thinking they were online or free courses, (wishful thinking), but I failed to see any similarity other than they are the same software, technology, and general related topics and principles. Unless I missed something?

I'm curious in what way are they a copy of your site Scott? Which if they are it is inexcusable, but I didn't see it from the quick look I had anyway.

cheers,
    Ian
    Ian,

Firstly thanks for the support and secondly your wishful thinking will soon come true as we are currently working on our CNC software blog and as soon as this is up we will start posting free lessons taken from our courses.

Feel free to contact us with any requests on topics to cover and we will cover them.

Thanks
    Simple CNC Ltd
    Simple CNC Ltd - Homepage for Mach3 training, Mach3 courses, CNC courses, CNC milling job design, CNC Mach3 course

Ok,

Well just to clarify, FusionCNC is owned by myself and Jason Blake, Volunteer Fab-Lab is mine. Also, we do offer a course called "Fab-Lab" that does take concept to part training using M3, except I use Rhino and OneCNC for the CAD and CAM respectively.

Thank you for explaining your position, good luck to you in your endeavors.

Scott
    Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaBear10 View Post
    Ok,

Well just to clarify, FusionCNC is owned by myself and Jason Blake, Volunteer Fab-Lab is mine. Also, we do offer a course called "Fab-Lab" that does take concept to part training using M3, except I use Rhino and OneCNC for the CAD and CAM respectively.

Thank you for explaining your position, good luck to you in your endeavors.

Scott
    No problem Scott. If I get any US enquiries I will point your way.
    Simple CNC Ltd - Mach3 Training and Courses
    www.simplecnc.co.uk

Fair enough, I will return the favor for those wanting UK local.......

Scott

Simple CNC, Where can i find your cnc software blog with the Mach 3 course? I would realy like to learn how to use my second hand cnc router i bought a while back.
    thanks
    Arjan