586,403 active members*
2,277 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread depth and offsets

I just started running a baron max cnc lathe with fagor control and am finding that when im threading i have to add as much as .03" to my offsets to ensure that the threads are cut to proper depth any thoughts would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
    I just started running a baron max cnc lathe with fagor control and am finding that when im threading i have to add as much as .03" to my offsets to ensure that the threads are cut to proper depth any thoughts would be great.
    Hey Lochlin,

I can't help you with your problem. However our company is considering purchasing a Baron-Max Lathe and Mill.

Besides this threading issue, have you had anything happen that would make you reconsider ever buying a Baron-Max?

Thank you for your feedback.

Steve

Baron-Max

i have no complaints with the baron-max im a licenced machinist however i always ran manual machines i just started running this shop and so ive had to teach myself how to run the machine. The conversational fagor control has been very user friendly and i think that my threading issue is just my lack of experience running cnc machines, i would definetly recommend it but the baron-max is the only cnc lathe i have ran so i may not be the best person to ask. im running a kl-2680 so if you have any more questions on the machine i would be happy to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.

thread setting

I run a Haas St20 and A Mazak 200 lathe in the Haas manual theres a list of thread settings and if I follow these my threads are tight, I to need to fine tune the cutting to get the gauges to fit, moving the tool offset by has much as .02". On the Mazak I have no problems.