586,461 active members*
3,504 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > with my TB6560 board config/Mach settings

with my TB6560 board config/Mach settings

hi guys

i have a router and the tb6560 board had enough - so i bought a new board to replace it - different manufacturer but still a tb6560 but looks more compact

i have fitted it to power supply etc and plugged in - changed a few setting on mach 3 as instructed to by manufacturer - but all 3 axis more ok, via keyboard - except z axis when u press page up it goes down , but i can live with that -

but also when i run a file i reset all the axis to 0 as i used to do - but now the motors seem to move quieter but a hell of a lot faster and it goes mental when trying to process the file - i tried drawing a simple circle to test, but it tried to go off the edge of the bed, and i said go 5mm deep and it went 20mm and would of gone deeper if it could - i am assuming its a mach3 setting issue

can anyone shed any light on this

many thanks

karl

What microstepping value have you selected on the board's DIP switches?

Some boards reportedly have a layout error where the 1/8 microstepping position actually gives 1/16 (and vice versa).

i have left it factory settings - very new to this side of it - drawing a dxf and cutting it no probs - but when somthing goes wrong...lol -

What are those "factory settings"?

I would not assume that factory settings are the same thing as "recommended settings".

hi

i can send you the pdf that came with it - so you can look but this is the one i bought - ive managed to tune the motor speeds down to what they were now - it just dont k now what to do when it starts

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I'm still not sure that I understand what you are saying.

What are the DIP switches set to?

What settings have you made in Mach3?

hi

on the bottom of the link on ebay it has a dip settings thing

each axis has 6 switch,s every one is set the same, 1on , 2off, 3on, 4on, 5on, 6off

would that info help?? i can email the pdf that came with the board - but its just the same text as on the ebay advert

thanks for your time and help in this tho its really appreciated

karl

It looks like with DIP switches 5 and 6 set to ON OFF the your board is doing half-stepping. With a standard 200 steps-per-revolution motor, that means you have 400 (half) steps per revolution. You need to use that number in conjunction with the details of your axis leadscrew (for example, how many turns per inch pitch it has) to figure out how many steps it takes to move the axis by one inch, and make sure that value is set inside Mach3 for steps per inch.

hi - i have now got it to work and run etc - with the depths etc - but now i have told it to draw a simple circle on mach3 it draws an arc then a straight line then another arc then a srtaight line -

I'm not sure - are you saying that the display in the toolpath window is not showing what was expected, or that the router is not cutting as expected, or something else?

hi

i have been reading alot about my problems - and after messing around with a few settings i can now get it to cut what is on the screen - it was the pulse settings for the x axis - so we are getting somewhere

but now i am having touble with m,ultiple passes - on the first pass it works fine but on the second it goes off -

thanks again

karl