586,796 active members*
2,609 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

help with training on 3020 cnc machine in Brissy

Hi it's Dom here and I'm new to cnc machines. I bought a 3020 cnc machine off ebay and got mach3 software to run it. Have been trying to figure out how to run this thing now for two weeks. I was wandering if there was somebody on the southside of Brissy willing to come and give me some training? I'm in Logan Central. I have watched the videos on mach support and read the manual but got stuck with all the technical stuff. As I don't have home switches on my machine I got stuck on homeing the machine or not to home. I also got stuck on figuring out how to know were the gcode will be engraved on the material and how deep it will be engraved. I have gathered that the where is easy but how deep is run through gcode. I have been useing the road runner gcode to figure out the machine. Have not brought a design software was going to try the write wizard as we want to engrave letters to personalise products. But would think about Artcam.
    Any help would be great. Thanks Dom

re brissy training

Hi What I would like is 30mins to 1 hr training on homing and the coordinate systems ok.

hi mate

i have only just seen this thread

i am in Brizzy as well and can help you out with some of what you need to do

but i am haveing a small problem as well and looking for help

all of my axises are running correctly and all of my homeing switches work correctly as well

but my Y axis moves in the wrong direction (away from the home switch) when i hit the ref all home

i have tried to tick the reverse in the "homing/limits" section but that makes the Y axix run backwards but the homing is correct so that is not the correct way

all i need to do is tell the homing on the Y to go the other way not reverse the axes