I've looked all over Google and a few other forums, since Bridgeport seems to be the Volkswagen of Mills (as far as long-lasting, popularity, finding parts, etc...) does anyone know of a site or chart that lists the models and what's different between them?

I (like many people, I'm sure) have been watching for different Bridgeports for sale in my area, as I want to use one for a particular purpose, as well as to learn more about milling. I can live with manual chuck holders and manual tables, and i know the difference between 3 phase and single phase, but other things like "J Head" and so on... are there any huge purpose-type differences between them that might end up being a plus or minus for a hobbyist?

I just want to take slow minor passes, (But LONG and accurate, which is why I want to go with a bigger machine) and so any tips would really be appreciated, both about the features and the common wear points and what can be done about them, as I see that usually plays a big part in the going price.

ALSO: I'd really like to take LONG (42" or longer) passes- anyone know of a way to do that or extend/upgrade a table? Or where I might look for a new import table of extra long length?