586,975 active members*
3,234 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc parameter 901

How do I get to, and turn on parameter 901 bit 5 in a Fanuc 0mc?
    Dawn Mitchell
    [email protected]
    www.mis-group.com
    Wired & Wireless DNC solutions provided here!

Mode switch set to MDI
    touch Param button
    Param button
    Page down once (you should see PWE Enable)
    change to 1
    Alarm is activated (Parameter "write enable" switch on)
    Param button
    page down, cursor down to #0901
    ***write down the current value***
    ...Carfully overwrite the whole number...
    (bit 1 is the farthest to the right, bit 8 is fathest to the left)

Be extremely careful when doing this! Be absolutely sure what you are changing!
    Last go back to the PWE setting and change it back to 0.
    (Disables parameter writing)

Good luck,
    Scott_bob

I think you will find that the first bit on the right is bit "0" and the last one on the left is bit "7".

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_bob
    Mode switch set to MDI
    touch Param button
    Param button
    Page down once (you should see PWE Enable)
    change to 1
    Alarm is activated (Parameter "write enable" switch on)
    Param button
    page down, cursor down to #0901
    ***write down the current value***
    ...Carfully overwrite the whole number...

Be extremely careful when doing this! Be absolutely sure what you are changing!
    Last go back to the PWE setting and change it back to 0.
    (Disables parameter writing)

Good luck,

cncwhiz,

Yep, thas right...

BTW mistux, what is the bit for?
    I'd sure like to know what bit to turn on for my Fanuc OM control to activate more memory... (we only have 34k now, and there may be more in the machine, if you know what parameter to change)...
    Scott_bob

Scott,
    You need to check I think on a "0M" control it should be your "base O" board. Take the number and call fanuc. Have them tell you what the memmory size is. If you have more then what is turned on pm me and I can get you the info you need to turn it on.

Quote Originally Posted by cncwhiz
    Scott,
    You need to check I think on a "0M" control it should be your "base O" board. Take the number and call fanuc. Have them tell you what the memmory size is. If you have more then what is turned on pm me and I can get you the info you need to turn it on.
    Whiz,

Fanuc will tell me? I am under the impression that Fanuc has always loaded up their boards with memory, then charged their customers for every bit, or to use Fanuc terminoloy, every meter of tape length. (As if the length of tape has some indication of memory amount). I suppose it does, but meters of tape length, just does not make much sense concerning: kilobyte of memory usage to me.
    If we could increase the memory of this 13 year old CNC machine by any amount, I would be extatic! And I know from experience, that many times, increasing memory, is just a matter of switching on the right parameter bit. I did just that on another CNC, doubled the memory...
    If you have any advice you don't want public, just PM me...

thanks,
    Scott_bob

Fanuc might not tell you straight up, but if you bs them they should tell you. If the don't call TIE or one of the other people that sell fanuc boards they will tell you. You need to know this before you start messing around with the parameters for meters of tape. Some controllers will lock up if you exceed the memmory that the board will handle. Some controllers were shipped with low meters of tape. We have an old Mori that has 40m of tape and that is an 11m. When you find this out I would be glad to help get it maxed out. Just bear in mind. When you change memmory size you will lose all programs even 9000 programs, on most machines you will lose offsets, and its a good idea to backup parameters and pitch error before messing with this.

Whiz,

Fanuc will tell me? I am under the impression that Fanuc has always loaded up their boards with memory, then charged their customers for every bit, or to use Fanuc terminoloy, every meter of tape length. (As if the length of tape has some indication of memory amount). I suppose it does, but meters of tape length, just does not make much sense concerning: kilobyte of memory usage to me.
    If we could increase the memory of this 13 year old CNC machine by any amount, I would be extatic! And I know from experience, that many times, increasing memory, is just a matter of switching on the right parameter bit. I did just that on another CNC, doubled the memory...
    If you have any advice you don't want public, just PM me...

thanks,

Be careful Scott_bob, bit 0 is the most richt one, and bit 7 is the most left one!!

#7 #6 #5 #4 #3 #2 #1 #0

regards.

cncwhiz,

BTW mistux, what is the bit for?
    ChamferingCornerR

I'd sure like to know what bit to turn on for my Fanuc OM control to activate more memory... (we only have 34k now, and there may be more in the machine, if you know what parameter to change)...
    901 # 1 Tape memory length320M = 128 k. This is 9 out of 10 times the max, withouth adding extra ram. (also quite simple, you can buy them on every corner)

Quote Originally Posted by hangslot
    ChamferingCornerR

901 # 1 Tape memory length320M = 128 k. This is 9 out of 10 times the max, withouth adding extra ram. (also quite simple, you can buy them on every corner)
    I have 901 #1 120m, bit #0 is 320m
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man
    I have 901 #1 120m, bit #0 is 320m
    Al.
    Yes, your right, i was mistaking with 16/18/21 series, they use the same numbers (9020 up), but the memory is doubled.

Fanuc Oi mate-Tc

I have a new machine with fanuc Oi,but there are a little problem when i have editting the program, there is an alarm that "write protect enabled"
    when i looked the parameter PWE was disabled
    so..which parameters should i check again

There is normally a write protect key switch on the operator panel.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

My machine is hasn't "edit locke with key" or zero return, and what is parameter 901 described ?

Quote Originally Posted by masmips View Post
    My machine is hasn't "edit locke with key" or zero return, and what is parameter 901 described ?
    901 has nothing to do with your control. That is for the O series fanuc and they are the option parameters. You have a Oi control which has completely different parameters.

Al my guess is he is trying to edit a 8000 or 9000 program and they are locked.

Msmipps……programs 8000-8999 and 9000-9999 have the ability to be locked via parameter because these are were the macro’s from the MTB and programmers are put. I ass u me that the program that you are trying to edit is in one of these ranges??

Parameters
    3202.0---editing of programs 8000-8999
    3202.4---editing of programs 9000-9999

Stevo