586,305 active members*
3,593 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC IS Producing

My homemade cnc is paying off thanks for the help from this forum I did a 2 x 10 x 16' long vg furr with v grooved lettering for $2,000.00 and some nice tables posted on my web site here is the linkBuild Your Homemade CNC just scroll doun the bottom of the page to see the pictures and video Thanks again Tom

you sure do like to make threads that link back to your site.

Tables look nice.

Not sure what the sign is for.

Just Being Friendly

I'm not trying to sell anything I just thaught people would like to see what else I was building at my studio didn't want to clog the forum with a bunch of pictures so I just put the link instead. Anyway that is a picture of a what they call a freeze board it's 16 feet long engraved with a vgroove bit and it
    goes over a giant library in a custom home all of the names of the people that worked on that house are on this board I used Corel draw 9 vcarve pro6 and mach3 to produce it This piece was tricky because its 16 feet long and my cnc is 4 x 8 feet
    Thank you Tom

Ya I got the chain drive

A lot of people have been asking about my chain drive X axis It is m best axis if I build another cnc I will have it all chain driven I have a 52" gantry and I get across Y axis with a 1/2" acme screw at high speed it whips a little
    but the chain doesn't care how fast I travel in the x axis of 120" Slack in the chain Is not a problem I have a ideler sprocket on a slide adjustment at my gantry I hardly have to use it I push my X with a nema 34 nice and smooth
    I have some sprocket reductions but just because it makes a prototype more controlable by the way I use L flange and Vgroove bearings all the Ideas sprang from buildyourcnc.com Irealy like those guys over there

Allright see ya Tom

Chain drives

Quote Originally Posted by gualalasmooth View Post
    A lot of people have been asking about my chain drive X axis It is m best axis if I build another cnc I will have it all chain driven I have a 52" gantry and I get across Y axis with a 1/2" acme screw at high speed it whips a little
    but the chain doesn't care how fast I travel in the x axis of 120" Slack in the chain Is not a problem I have a ideler sprocket on a slide adjustment at my gantry I hardly have to use it I push my X with a nema 34 nice and smooth
    I have some sprocket reductions but just because it makes a prototype more controlable by the way I use L flange and Vgroove bearings all the Ideas sprang from buildyourcnc.com Irealy like those guys over there

Allright see ya Tom
    I just wanted to add the similarities between mills with the wood mizer a full sized log mill They use chain drive for that long axis ok by