586,717 active members*
3,206 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Bridgeport

Bridgeport

So I found a Bridgeport in range for $2300, all manual, old, belts for changing the speeds. I believe I can add power if I want to the x,y,knee. I can add DRO and a VFD for speed control. So it seems like the potential things can't be added is perhaps one shot lube, power down feed? Are there any other things that can't be added?

I haven't put eyes on it yet, what all should I be looking for? No power where it is sitting for testing it.
    -Dwight

Most/all bridgeports have power down feed. Sounds kinda high to me. Craigslist here has them all the time with dro's, power x at least and usually a vari head for ~2500. 3 right now in fact, one with tooling and rotary table with vari speed for 2200.

I live in the northwest, and would like to be able to see it and haul it home. I don't put much value in old 2 axis DRO units, perhaps I should. I just assume that they will die soon. I kind of figure the more basic it is, the less use it may have had, and less to break. I will then add new toys to my specifications.

I see you are in No. Cal, where I see a few. Perhaps in the spring I will go farther from home if I don't find one withing a couple of hours. I only find them on ebay or too far from home lately. I need to find a good used dealer in the NW.
    -Dwight