586,457 active members*
3,340 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Arrow 500 Spindle orient problems

Arrow 500 Spindle orient problems

Hello everyone,
    I have an Arrow 500 with a CT control.
    It will successfully orient and change tools upon cold start up.
    It will not orient for tool change after the spindle has been run.
    It will not orient on M19 command either.
    The spindle position is random after the initial start up.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance for any responses.

Has this just started to happen or been going for a while and when the spindel is running does it sound and respond ok.

I got it this way. I have not been able to make tool change work ever. Spindle currently responds well and sounds good. It had dead spindle bearings when I got this machine and I replaced them. Didn't m19 then, and still doesn't. It stops in random places after spindle has run.

Can you manualy move the tool change in either direction and send it out to the spindel and back home.When you were replacing your spindel bearings could you have upset the any of the position scensors.

The tool changer operates smooth and properly. I did not upset any sensors knowingly. I set all sensor gaps according to the book.

Ok we need to go back to the beginning,what exactly does the machine do from what you are saying it works fine but after being run for awhile it just stops,are there any errors on the screen does your air compressor keep cutting in and out all the time, we need to know as much as possible so we can help.

Bad spindle resolver or resolver wiring.

Joe

Okay back to the beginning....... And more info from troubleshooting by logic.
    I start up the machine and align axis'. Spindle orients correctly at this time. I can call up a tool for the spindle and the spindle orients correctly and the machine makes a successful tool change.
    If I run spindle at a very low speed (less than 100rpm) it will both, m19 and tool change correctly repeatedly.
    If I run the spindle over that speed, it loses it's orient position. The spindle appears to take appropriate steps required for m19 or tool change, but it's stopping point is random.
    I cannot make the machine orient correctly again until I shut down the control, restart, and realign. It will then orient properly until rpm goes faster than about 100rpm.