586,770 active members*
9,182 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 47 of 109 3745464748495797
    What price do you charge for the kits? Do you sell the PCB's by themselves?

Thanks,
    Bob

hello
    in reguards to mr changs lost controllers.
    i have e_mailed him and another fellow and told him i intend to send him 3 more controllers at my cost. this will be done when i have the new controllers available. it is my loss, but thats the fair and right thing to do.
    i don't make a living in selling electronic stuff, i do it on the side, i have to focus on my regular job first as it keeps a roof over my head.
    i just try to be fair and am doing this as a pass time / hobby, but it is almost like work. :-)

BOBLWISE

How many $ did you send Uli for the 4 controllers and did you use pay pal or what???

Thx mike

I have some Globe Motors [hollow shaft] that came out of StorageTek tape transports the appear to be brushless [ three power leads] and have shaft encoders by RENCO
    The Globe # is 569A124
    The STK# is 1565028-01
    The sticker on the Renco is D/C 9910 & P/N 77980-035
    also has 2 10 wire ribbon cables to a plug ...
    Does anybody have any info on these...

[QUOTE=xtal;277753]I have some Globe Motors [hollow shaft] that came out of StorageTek tape transports the appear to be brushless [ three power leads]

The motors are unusable. The UHU controller only works with brushed dc motors.
    Encoders may be useable depending on line count. The UHU requires TTL encoders (5v square wave quadrature signal), ideally between 100cpr and 500cpr but counts up 1000 are still usable. Above 1000 you need a step multiplier (built in in the UHU)

Erik Jan
    What goes down, should come up.

[quote=ejkoeze;277766]
    Quote Originally Posted by xtal View Post
    I have some Globe Motors [hollow shaft] that came out of StorageTek tape transports the appear to be brushless [ three power leads]

The motors are unusable. The UHU controller only works with brushed dc motors.
    Encoders may be useable depending on line count. The UHU requires TTL encoders (5v square wave quadrature signal), ideally between 100cpr and 500cpr but counts up 1000 are still usable. Above 1000 you need a step multiplier (built in in the UHU)

Erik Jan

try a jrkerr controller,they sell 3 phase controlers, since this is not do it your self ,its do it by uhu controller,dont mind if i smile
    www.jrkerr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty_ohm View Post
    DIY = Do It Yourself
    Open Source = All design aspects are open for others to improve on or add to.

As for the button missing... Not sure what to tell you there. Maybe try a different web browser?

thanks for the head;s up fifty ohm, i was needing to see if i was the only one with a need (not the use of need 2 times) for conformation,i will be building a 5 axis machine ,the software will be cncturbo(dos) servos will be used,and i will be using a pic chip since i cannot find any proper programming (high level that is) for the tiny chip..source code and such will be posted,smile because i cannot print smillies

The $20 option

I like to solder and build things. I've played and made some circuit boards and "most" have worked. After looking at the price of a kit versus completely built from Smarbaga, I decided that the $20 for each board is a bargain. Why? Well, Smarbaga has built many of these boards now. If a problem arises, he has the parts on hand to swap them out with new ones without a waiting period. Maybe the BEST reason for the $20 is that he checks the boards thoroughly and scope checks them to make sure the transistors are clicking properly without doing a shot through and everything is functioning as it should. As I don't have a scope and have lost a lot of dexterity due to an ongoing disability, I've gone with the ready built boards.

These will be going on a Crusader M conversion. Once I figure it all out, I'll sell off the Crusader M (not yet so don't contact me) and hopefully have a faster/better control. Has to be a better option than Anilams 3000 Controller upgrade for the crusader M. $7,500 isn't an option for this poor boy.

Motors with brake

Is here a way to use motors with brake? Or for UHU controller it is useless option?
    Oscar

There is a way to use the enable signal for the H-bridge as a release for the brakes. You'll have to do some hacking with the board but it is possible.

Of course the brakes cannot be used for dynamic braking, just to keep things steady when the controllers are switched off (by emergency stop or regular switch off).

Erik Jan
    What goes down, should come up.

Oscar,

a signal for releasing the brake needs to be generated with the knowledge of the actual trajectory and next action and has come from the CNC controller. If it was generated by the servo board, it would open and close the breake for every single step..

Best regards
    Uli

Mr Wild or sombody

Please elaborate on the 20$ option

It's the difference between the DIY board and the board that is complete done and tested.
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

in reguards to trajectory:
    i don't understand how a trajectory can be considered if the input or movement signal is a step pulse.
    to have a trajectory one needs a start and destination.
    also (de)acceleration, torque and a pid loop etc..
    how can these conditions be implimented if there is only a single step pulse input.
    i can understand if the controller saved a bunch of steps then acted on them as a groop.
    but if you had several controllers, say x & y making a circle the 2 axis would have to be sinchronized in some way. ( tied together electronically ).
    can anyone explain how these setting can or are be implimented with a step/direction input

Quote Originally Posted by smarbaga View Post
    in regards to trajectory:
    i don't understand how a trajectory can be considered if the input or movement signal is a step pulse.
    also (de)acceleration, torque and a pid loop etc..
    how can these conditions be implimented if there is only a single step pulse input.
    i can understand if the controller saved a bunch of steps then acted on them as a groop.
    but if you had several controllers, say x & y making a circle the 2 axis would have to be sinchronized in some way. ( tied together electronically ).
    can anyone explain how these setting can or are be implimented with a step/direction input
    You are right, the trajectory, acceleration, deceleration, etc. is calculated by the program on the PC (e.g. Mach3). Uli is also right, there is nothing we could do from the motor driver board to effectively control the brake, it has to be done from the PC program by using one of the available outputs.

kreuts
    you seem to be a very intellegent fellow.
    your replies and sugestions are always clear and informative
    thank you very much.

in reguards to trajectory:
    My drive does that and works very well from step/dir source. It works correctly even when destination changes spontaneously during move. However drive should have higher accel/velocity limits than PC software to avoid lagging motion.

Quote Originally Posted by xtal View Post
    Mr Wild or sombody

Please elaborate on the 20$ option
    LOL. Sorry. Not a controller for just $20. Smarbaga sells both kits and completed boards. The kits are a good deal at $90. But for just $20 more ($110 for a complete board), he will populate, solder, and test to perfection the kit so you have a working board and no worries if you don't have a scope or extra parts should a problem arise during testing. Hence, the $20 option.
    :rainfro:

kreuts
    you seem to be a very intellegent fellow.
    your replies and sugestions are always clear and informative
    thank you very much.
    Smarbaga, u mentioned earlier that you would lend a controller board to Kreutz..........seems U forgot.......Kreutz has his motor ready...........can u lend him a board now...........

Regards
    Irfan

i am testing my converted mill with my SMD UHU version, the controller seems to work ok but i have a problem:

there are small acumulated position error when large programs are running, it seems than some noise are afecting step-direcction lines or A-B encoder lines.

somebody have found this problem?

jlcortex

Page 47 of 109 3745464748495797