586,265 active members*
3,727 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Need advise on a CNC Machine for fashion jewelry

Question Need advise on a CNC Machine for fashion jewelry

We need to design and manufacture new parts for our fashion jewelry business that will be used in necklaces, earrings, bracelets. We mostly use zamak for the metal part and plate it gold or silver.

We will be designing new parts and we need a CNC machine to create it. We will either create the final product or create a mold for it to mass produce.

Our parts are usually small parts max 10cm.

I really appreciate if you can give me which machine would be a good choice for me.

Thanks very much for taking time and helping me.

There are several small desktop machines that will suit your needs.
    Minitech is what I use. I will let you search out the rest.

Here is what you WANT.
    Sturdy construction. Remember a machine this size is mainly made from aluminum. So the construction of the frame needs to be SOLID.

High RPM spindle with very low runout. Using smaller tooling means you need higher RPM. What good is that rpm if the torque is not there? Or if there is run out at all on the small tooling? NSK E3000 is the spindle I would recommend for this.

Find a machine that has ball screws and a precision WAYS design. Dove tail ways are a pain in the but to keep adjusted. Acme screws while they are great wear quicker then ball screws. Acme screws will last years, dont get me wrong. But when they do get alot of wear on them, its always when you need the machine the most. murphys law.

There are machines on the market that are very easy to use. Pretty much teach you to push buttons. Then there are machines that are just like their bigger counterparts. They teach you to be a machinist (To a degree).

Thanks for your reply, I was thinking of a better capability machine also for future. Is this machine capable of making metal molds for mass production.

the minitech mill2 is capable of machining metal, but its not near as beefy as the mill3 of the granite GX mill.

I have seen people machine all sorts of materials with these mills. Small but very accurate. And as with any small mill, you have to machine within the capabilities of it. 1/8th tooling is the limiting factor so no 1/2 inch deep cuts!!!!

The company I work for is partnered with KaVo-SycoTec and Alfred Jaeger, selling and servicing their spindles, drives and accessories. As a result we've run across a few companies making the type of machine you're probably looking for, most likely candidates would be:

Engraving : Gravograph Rotary and Laser Engraving Systems, engraving software, materials, Gravograph USA

CNC-Fräsmaschine, CNC Fräse, Portalfräsmaschine, Modellbau-Fräsmaschine, HSC, HSC-Fräse, Fräsmaschine, 3D

Both companies have quality products but I am not sure if IMES ICORE has found a distribution channel in the United States yet.
    Jason
    www.centerline-inc.com

the gold and sliver is very expensive, so I think you had to save the material, at the basic of saving, the fiber laser cutting machine maybe the best choice