Hello,
First, I know it's not a desktop mill, but it is very desktop like. It's an import knee mill with a 8x30" table. Grizzly sells something similar. I'd like your input and ideas for an enclosure for my knee mill. I am looking for ideas or problems with my design that I might not have considered. I currently make product prototypes for my day job, and for fun I make gun parts. Therefor the parts are not too large. I use mist cooling now, but might go to flood if it makes for better machining.
What I am considering is a table mounted enclosure, ie splash guard, or a full enclosure like on a Haas Mini-Mill. The picture below is an idea with a frame made from 1" 80/20 framing, with thin plywood or coreplast or some cheap sheet good to fill in the areas shown in translucent panes.
So, has anyone made one like this? If so, did it suck? Did it make the mill less usable? Did it make the mill better?
I haven't worked out all the details for the door etc.
It will me mounted on casters, and it can be rolled back from the mill if I get a job that really requires a weird setup.

Thanks for your help!
Mike