586,913 active members*
3,022 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chnc1 plc flash

Hi anyone out there have any luck flashing a Siemens 810t plc on a CHNC1?

I bought this machine about 6 months ago and the backup battery was dead. I talked to hardinge and had them send me the plc parameters, uploading instructions, and the wiring diagram for a 25 pin serial cable.

After replacing the battery, and checking the voltage on the small lipo battery soldered to the circuit board I still cannot get my desktop to communicate with the Siemens. I am using an old Dell optiplex with a 25 pin serial port and a SDNC program in a surfcam suite to transfer the data. I have followed the instruction, but cannot get Tea1, Tea2, and SEA to show up and confirm the transfer. Anyone have any ideas? The Hardinge service rep lives in colorado and would be pretty pricing to fly him out and install it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jacep View Post
    Hi anyone out there have any luck flashing a Siemens 810t plc on a CHNC1?

I bought this machine about 6 months ago and the backup battery was dead. I talked to hardinge and had them send me the plc parameters, uploading instructions, and the wiring diagram for a 25 pin serial cable.

After replacing the battery, and checking the voltage on the small lipo battery soldered to the circuit board I still cannot get my desktop to communicate with the Siemens. I am using an old Dell optiplex with a 25 pin serial port and a SDNC program in a surfcam suite to transfer the data. I have followed the instruction, but cannot get Tea1, Tea2, and SEA to show up and confirm the transfer. Anyone have any ideas? The Hardinge service rep lives in colorado and would be pretty pricing to fly him out and install it.
    Were you able to get every thing loaded back I have a complete reload of parameters and plc for this control even the software hardinge uses to load
    you can email me at [email protected]