Removed the Z axis DC servo motor from the Kitamura Mycenter 1. This is definitely not a mechanical problem. Within 10 seconds after "power-on" the servo starts to run for about 10 seconds than the brake comes on & I get a Z31 & Z32 alarm.

The Z axis servo is a 10M and the X & Y are 5M servo's. Swapped the encoders linked to the rear of the aramture. The symptoms are the same.

Swapped drive axis PCB's (A20B 0009-0320), they are the same except for jumpers. The symptoms are the same.

I then swapped the feedback & command cables going into the Control Motherboard. The symptoms changed. I now got Z21 & Z22 alarms. This, I believe indicates the the problem is somewere between the drive and the servo.

Does anybody have any more ideas? Could a broken wire in the feedback cable cause this problem? Are any feedback signals sent back to the drive module? It appears that the servo should come on at power on long enough for the encoders to relay a few pulses? I dont have any more parts to swap and I am running low on ideas. By the way, I now have a Web Site: www.benchrestjoystick.com. At least my other CNC works.