586,296 active members*
3,852 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

First post about MG204

I'm new to the site & looking for help with an MG204. Thanks in advance for any help!

We bought a used MG204 & need to replace the bracket that holds the rotary tool changer. Any suggestions other than MultiCam? Anyone have any advice or experience with this tool changer? The gearbox is made by "Alpha" & the synchronous motor is a "Superior Electric Slo-Syn". The spindle did not mate correctly causing the bracket to break, but it had been working okay previously. We know the machine did this once before with a previous owner. What do we need to check to keep this from re-occurring?

Also need to replace the bearings... we have repacked the existing ones, but we want to replace with new ones. MultiCam is out of stock, so just checking if there are any other options?

MultiCam MG204 with a 10hp Eurospindle & rotary tool changer.

I believe that you have a aluminum bracket and there has been many that have it welded. There was is enough play to realign it to the spindle by slowly bringing it down for a tool change and pausing it on the way down. I don't know what bearings you are talking about so can you explain the ones you need.

BEARINGS

Do you have the bearing part number?
    I can help you with that.

Kathy
    Global Machine Parts
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ascentone View Post
    I'm new to the site & looking for help with an MG204. Thanks in advance for any help!

We bought a used MG204 & need to replace the bracket that holds the rotary tool changer. Any suggestions other than MultiCam? Anyone have any advice or experience with this tool changer? The gearbox is made by "Alpha" & the synchronous motor is a "Superior Electric Slo-Syn". The spindle did not mate correctly causing the bracket to break, but it had been working okay previously. We know the machine did this once before with a previous owner. What do we need to check to keep this from re-occurring?

Also need to replace the bearings... we have repacked the existing ones, but we want to replace with new ones. MultiCam is out of stock, so just checking if there are any other options?

MultiCam MG204 with a 10hp Eurospindle & rotary tool changer.

Hi Kathy,

I sent you a message to your email address. We need 12 of this part #941B1748-0... the description is "bearing car, 25mm, linear rail". Please let me know if you can provide this?

Thanks!

First post about MG204

Is this bearing car a 2 hole or 4 hole bearing car and also if you look at the side of the bearing car there should be a number etched in the side of the body of the car, it normally begins with R1622.

Also the alignment of the tool changer is normally done with a alignment macro, that is loaded into the DNC file, and you use the keypad to set the pickup point and I think I have one of those brackets, send me your info or give me a call.

678-548-1483