586,728 active members*
2,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Does this kit have what i need?

Does this kit have what i need?

I recently purchased a CNC kit off of ebay, it should be delivered tomorrow sometime. I was wondering if anyone see's anything missing (not counting the lathe, box to wire them in etc) in this kit to make a 2 axis CNC lathe. I dont see any "driver boards" like Keling has. But just let me know, and sorry if this is the wrong thread.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

That is the link to ebay.

This Item includes:

3 PCS Nema 23 Stepper Motors with 287oz-in holding torque,
    1PC 200W,24VDC power Supply,
    1 PC 3 Axis Driver Board & 1 Cable,
    1 PC Cable

Stepper motor|Stepping gearmotor wholesale|Stepping motor supplier
    1, Stepper Motor

Technical Specifications
    Part No.: 57BYGH603

Frame Size: NEMA23

Step Angle: 1.8 degree

Voltage: 8.6V

Current: 1.0 A/phase

Resistance: 8.6Ohm/phase

Inductance: 18mH/phase

Holding torque: 14.5Kg-cm 287oz-in (For Bipolar connecting, the holding torque is 287oz-in)

Rotor inertia: 480 g-cm2

Detent torque: 0.68 kg-cm

Number of wire leads: 6

Weight: 2.20lb (1.0 kg)

Length: 78mm

2, 3 Axis Driver Board

Products Features :
    1:The maximum 3.5A drive current to a maximum 86 stepper motor drives, more powerful
    2:1-16 sub-setting, higher accuracy, smoother operation
    3:Overload over-current over-temperature protection, full protection of your computer and peripheral equipment
    4:4 files current settings can be set according to the user the actual current requirement
    5:Full closed-type optical isolation to protect the user's computer and equipment
    6:Professional design, two-stage signal processing, super anti-jamming
    7: Bipolar constant current chopper drive motor low-speed non-creeping phenomenon, noise, non-resonant region。
    8: 2-way output control, scalable fifth axis or 2-way control of external equipment.
    9: Four input control, you can set limit, emergency stop, which is divided into pairs of knives.

Please note the following before the test items
    1, To determine the size of the supply voltage and current
    2, Determine the stepper motor power and current (model)
    3, Determine the stepper motor wiring
    4, Power Please take 12 ~ 36V 8A (stepper motor in accordance with the work of current matching) The above switching power supply, I received a map indicating the power input interface。
    12V power output for a 12V cooling fan to pick up where。
    The definition of 1-PIN 25 of Parallel Interface is described as follows:

PIN9
    PIN14
    PIN7
    PIN1
    PIN2
    PIN3
    PIN8
    PIN6
    PIN4
    PIN5
    PIN16
    PIN17
    spindle motor
    X
    Empower
    X
    Dir
    X
    Step
    Y
    Empower
    Y
    Dir
    Y
    Step
    Z
    Empower
    Z
    Dir
    Z
    Step
    Expand output 1
    Expand output2

The definition of 1-PIN15 of Manual Interface is described as follow(Click the image to upper right for the P1 left P15)

P1
    P2
    P3
    P4
    P5
    P6
    P7
    P8
    P9
    P10
    P11
    P12
    P13
    P14
    P15
    X Step
    X Empowe
    spind
    X Dir
    Y Empowe
    Z Dir
    Z Step
    Z Empowe
    Y
    Limit
    Z
    Limit
    Y
    Dir
    Y
    Step
    STOP
    GND
    5v/VDD

Limit Switch Description

Input 1
    Input 2
    Input 3
    Input 4
    Corresponding parallel P10
    Corresponding parallel P11
    Corresponding parallel P12
    Corresponding parallel P13

Output Interface Definition:

P1
    P2
    P3
    P4
    P5
    P6
    P7
    P8
    P9
    P10
    P11
    P12
    P13
    P14
    P15
    P16
    P17
    VDD
    GND
    XA+
    XA-
    XB+
    XB-
    YA+
    YA-
    YB+
    YB-
    ZA+
    ZA-
    ZB+
    ZB-
    MO/V+
    GND
    MO
    -

That kit does include a stepper motor driver board.

The board is commonly referred to as a "Chinese TB6560 driver board".

Some people have success using them, while others have reported problems.

You may want to read through the following thread for more information (it is a fairly long thread, but there is plenty of useful info there):

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...y_chinese.html

While you can not always trust the specifications that they give in some of those auctions, it looks like the motors included in the kit are not a great match for the driver board or the power supply, but you may still be able to get them to work together after a fashion. For example, the motors are apparently rated at 1.0 A per phase, while the description of the board seems to specify that the board is rated for higher current motors (you may be able to select a more appropriate, lower motor current by setting the DIP switches to the lowest current-set value). The motor winding inductance is fairly high, which means that in order to get the optimal speed from those motors you would need to use a much higher voltage than 24 volts (for example, over 130 volts, if I have done the math correctly, but the TB6560 driver board probably shouldn't be used with much more than 30 or 35 volts). The motors have 6 wires, but the driver board only supports 4-wire motors, and so you will have to "tape off" two of the wires in order to connect it (there are two different ways that you could do that).

Hey, thanks for the prompt reply. This cnczone.com forum is quite a community as im quickly learning. I really appreciate it, and i will soon become an active member of this site.

Too late for you, but for others reading this thread, I have had several driver boards with this chip and all but on has failed. If you go with boards with this chip, buy one from a reputable dealer local to you. Generally, they will stand behind their products and help you with any problems you may have. You take your chances importing any of the Chinese products. Always a hit-or-miss.
    I get mine from HubbardCNC on Ebay. He tests each board before he ships them, with a video showing that it works, plus a file for Mach2/3 with all the settings for the driver. Still, I got one that was defective and he replaced it. Can't get better service than that.
    Just an F.Y.I.

Yah, i am just playing the lottery i guess... i bought this before doing too much research.

Quote Originally Posted by coltac View Post
    Yah, i am just playing the lottery i guess... i bought this before doing too much research.
    Live and Learn.
    I bought 3 before buying from HubbardCNC. Expensive learning curve. Now I prefer to stick to Gecko drivers. More expensive but immensely more reliable with excellent customer service.