586,500 active members*
1,571 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > HOW TO RUN RAMCON3 OKUMA OSP5000M

HOW TO RUN RAMCON3 OKUMA OSP5000M

I bought an used machine: RAMCON3-NC, Control system is OKUMA OSP5000M.
    All things are Japanese.
    After I power on I didn't see any alarm on CRT, but the LIMIT light is bright.
    I can turn on the spindle on both CW and CCW.
    I use Jog button to jog x, y axis, and CRT display "100-X A....", or "100-Y A..." and the ALARM light is bright.
    When I jog one axis RDIF, ODIF value is change but RAPA does not change.
    I search on this forum many days, I seed that can check status of machine by press F7 soft key. I seed "PWON” bit is 0 and I think the servo motor power is not ON.
    My question
    How can I turn on servo power motor.
    How can I jog x,y, z AXIS.
    I heard that I can change my machine to English by change one circuit board in CPU unit (OPUS 5000). Any one can tell me which board need to change and can where can I buy it.
    Thank you very much

your best option is to contact your local Okuma dealer. they can provide the services you require

Dear fordav11,
    Thank your for your reply!
    I live in Vietnam, there are a rule in my country: try to solve anything by internet or document, and never use services as you mention, it will take me alot of money and time, however the result is zero and my machine will be destroyed. Another rule: don't try to ask Japanese: they will not reply, they don't support too old machines.
    Thank you for your reply.

hmmm, ok.
    well you say the alarm is bright.
    which alarm number is displayed on screen exactly?

you can try to look for a board on ebay or an Okuma reseller in another country via Google

Okuma are usually more secretive than Fanuc. If you want something they provide good service but of course at a cost. If you need option or machine hardware modification only Okuma dealer can solve it usually because it requires optional PCB or software update.

For changing language it's probably enough to change software in control but you could make it worse too.

Do you have MD0: ?
    that is where the system software is found (in OSP7000). I don't know about OSP5000.
    Then possibly replace some or all of the control files with english version.

on your control do a DIR MD0: [INPUT]

and list here what it says. you may need to take photos, it's usually 2-3 pages of strange filenames.

I can't really help you to solve your problem, you need help from someone who has good knowledge of Okuma and access to OSP5000.

International Okuma dealer can help and they should not care about your political issues.

Dear fordav11,
    thank you very much.
    At power on I didn't see any alarm number on CRT, but after I jog X or Y or Z axis alarm 100 will display.
    I search in this forum and hear that OSP5000 set language in hardware (not in software). Probably they set language in EPROM, so that,I can only change languge if change one board from USA or some country use English, but I don’t know exact the name of that board.
    International Okuma dealer can help and they should not care about your political issues.
    Because My English is not good so you misunderstand my idea. There are no "political issue" in Vietnam. Problem is: in Vietnam there are many guy say that they can help me, but I had experience with these guy. They just say only, in fact they will try to solve my problem, if they success, they take me some money. If not they will take nothing but at that time my machine is destroyed by them. So if you live in Vietnam, please keep in mind: do not believe any guy like that.

Language is NOT controlled by board

The software disks that are supplied with every machine are required

see this thread link

Agree, software controls language on 5000 control. Limit light is normal, just means the axis are at a limit.

in Vietnam there are many guy say that they can help me
    You ask Okuma representative. They have Okuma certificates. You can ask just a couple of questions and it will be clear, if the guy has knowledge to serve Okuma or not.

Thank all CncZone members!
    Your answer help me very much,
    I will buy some manual on ebay first, and try to run In Japanese.
    After that I will think a bout change language,

if you post pics of the japanese you need to know I can translate it for you.
    or probably others can too. as said previously all keys and screen items are the same for every control, just language is different.
    post pics if you dont know the English name of something.

all keys and screen items are the same for every control, just language is different
    are You sure?
    I have some notes about that. functional #1 (F1) in edit mode is not a set date for Japanese version on OSP5020M for instance ...

change 'all' to 'most'. happy?