Quote Originally Posted by Khalid View Post
@CarveOne..
Keep watching my friend and guide me by posting in this thread. I do know you have bad experience with Hot rolled steel plates but unfortunately the place i live only have these Hot Rolled Plates in the shops. I will make a Lapping jig and will use CLOVER Lapping compound to make them smooth at bearing areas. The machining of these rails are 100 percent perfect and i am getting straight edges more straighter than Aluminum extrusions

Here are the pictures of machining of Hot Rolled plates. These are total 8 plates 5-feet in length for two machines. Optimus Prime-4G and its Clone.
TWO machines? That's even better! Twice the entertainment.

The hot rolled rails did work after cleaning them up, but they were noisy because I did not try having the edges surface ground. I only removed the black foundry scale that was on the surface of the steel. I abandoned those rails and purchased the better cold rolled material at higher expense. Even they were not perfect.

Since cold rolled steel is not available to you, and it was cut from sheet steel, it may be a little better material than what I purchased. I am hoping that will be the case. Make them as smooth as you can on the sides and edges where the bearings roll. I am familiar with the Clover grinding compound. The plates in your photo do not appear to have the black foundry scale on them that mine had.

CarveOne