586,655 active members*
3,187 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Looking for Square Column Mill In Canada?

Looking for Square Column Mill In Canada?

Hi Guys

Looking for any information on the availability of the Square Column Mill (the same one that Lathemaster is selling in the USA) being sold in Canada? Is anyone selling this Mill in Canada? Thanks for your help.

Regards

Willyb

King Canada has this similar one

http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?CD=36&ID=124

I looked for one but the above King model was all I found in canada, I believe you had to goto montreal to get it direct from King, but that was a few years ago.
    I went with a round colum from BUsy Bee tools and it works ok for now. Maybe modify it to square in far off future.
    menomana

WillyB
    Sharpindustries.com (I think, maybe sharpe) has the Rong Fu 45 for 2500$ CAD.
    I am likely going to go with the lathemaster and get it shipped to a customs agent in the US and then to me.
    I know you posted a long time ago, just found this thread and thought I would post.
    colin

Here is a link to a Canadian distributor of the Sieg X2 at $1095.00 CAD.
    http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid=18460
    Can you believe that price!

I have talked to the guys at Little Machine Shop and they sell the X2 in assemblies.

1 - # 1766 Mini Mill Column Assembly
    1 - # 1633 Mini Mill Head Assembly R8 Spindle
    1 - # 1765 Mini Mill Table Assembly
    1 - # 2258 Air Spring Conversion Kit

This adds up to about $530. Shipped in 3 packages at around $160.
    Total Price $690 USD. I can't find it cheaper than this.

Then you have to add in the dog team a tread mill and a generator to power it up here in the igloo land :-).

Regards,
    Steve J

Dont forget to add in about 30 bucks for border fees, and GST too (which we would have to pay anyway.
    I was lucky enough to find a RF-31 clone locally (OK, I know it is a round column) for $750 (CAD) in new condition.
    Colin

I just recieved 2 QC tool holder from Little Machine Shop that came marked $171 USD and the border boys marked it $24.31 so charges where 1.70 and 1.84. You just never know.
    Busy Bee has a round column 3" face mill capacity on sale for $1150.
    Item No: B1976 $1,149.00 MILLING DRILLING MACHINE 1HP 220V R8

X2 Mill from Harbor Freight

If anybody is interested I am selling a new Mini Mill from Harbor Freight. Used maybe 2 hours. I am going to buy a bigger square column. If you are interested email me direct at [email protected].

Thanks,
    Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Willyb
    Hi Guys

Looking for any information on the availability of the Square Column Mill (the same one that Lathemaster is selling in the USA) being sold in Canada? Is anyone selling this Mill in Canada? Thanks for your help.

Regards

Willyb
    Hi Willy, I know this is an old thread but, just in case you are still trying to get set up, I could offer this info.
    I live in Western Canada, BC, and had Lathemaster ship thier h/d mill drill to a freigh depot in Spokane, 3 hours away. I drove down with my pick up, and brought it across myself. Took me less than an hour at the boarder.

Freight shipping was around 500 bucks.

Good luck.
    Owen