586,968 active members*
4,511 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: MESA 7I33TA

MESA 7I33TA

Hi All,
    I am converting a Deckel mill to EMC using the Mesa 7I37 TA, 5I23, 7I33 TA and AMT-2 encoders. The motors are DC brush type with a Siemens control.
    I have a problem with the 7I33T card connections to my Amp. I have four input wires to the Amp
    Earth wire
    Wire from a relay
    Two wires from the old controller. One of these wires must go to the +- 10V (pin 10 on the 7I33Tcard) where do I connect the other wire from the controller? Are the GND wires on this card all common? (Pins 9,11,21,23) Someone suggested I earth that wire, just want to be sure before I damage something.
    Regards

I haven't even ordered my 7i33TA yet but the info I got in another thread was that (for drive0) I should hook the +-10v to AOUT0 (pin 10) and the other wire to gnd (pin11). Maybe Peter Wallace can give us a clue.

I am very interested in what you find out.

Alan

It helps to look at the Engineering Resources on the AMC drive page.
    This one shows using a buffer if using single ended 10v analogue input.
    So far I have never had to use a buffer with the cards I use.
    http://www.a-m-c.com/download/manual...tallManual.pdf
    Page 36, fig 3.12.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by acondit View Post
    I haven't even ordered my 7i33TA yet but the info I got in another thread was that (for drive0) I should hook the +-10v to AOUT0 (pin 10) and the other wire to gnd (pin11). Maybe Peter Wallace can give us a clue.

I am very interested in what you find out.

Alan
    The AMC drives like most analog input motor drives have a differential analog input for common mode noise reduction (page 35 in their manual describes this) So 7I33 connections are:

AMC REF+IN --> 7I33TA AOUT
    AMC REF-IN --> 7I33TA GND (pin adjacent to AOUT)

These 2 wires should be a shielded twisted pair with the shield terminated to 7I33TA GND

In addition the signal GND of the AMC drive should connect to the 7I33TA GND

No buffer s needed as the 7I33 has a low impedance output

Thanks Pete, that answered my questions, I hope it helps gombault.

Hi All,
    I am still having problems. I can’t get the motors to turn from the +-10v input I get the 10v on the Amps from EMC but the motors would not turn. I have one wire that came from the original controller going on to the front card by the Amps. I gave that wire current using a globe in the circuit and it blew the main fuse on that Amp when I energized it with the +-10v. I think that wire must give the Amps a signal to work.
    The Amps are made by Siemens No: MLFM :6RA4013-5BA01
    Could anyone help me with information on these Amps? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Gombault

Quote Originally Posted by gombault View Post
    Hi All,
    I am still having problems. I can’t get the motors to turn from the +-10v input I get the 10v on the Amps from EMC but the motors would not turn. I have one wire that came from the original controller going on to the front card by the Amps. I gave that wire current using a globe in the circuit and it blew the main fuse on that Amp when I energized it with the +-10v. I think that wire must give the Amps a signal to work.
    The Amps are made by Siemens No: MLFM :6RA4013-5BA01
    Could anyone help me with information on these Amps? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Gombault
    Before you connect the computer to the drive you need to verify that:

1. You can enable the drive
    2. You can make your motor run in each direction by putting a small voltage into the analog input (a 1.5V battery will do here)

"I gave that wire current using a globe in the circuit and it blew the main fuse on that Amp when I energized it with the +-10v."

I find this rather scary... current from where?

It really looks like you need to find the drive connection information somewhere I found someone offering schematics on CNCZONE a few years ago, maybe that should be pursued (google "siemens simoreg 6RA4013 schematics ")