587,035 active members*
3,233 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > I need help finding a servo drive

Cool I need help finding a servo drive

Hey!
    Have come across some servo motors and are now on the hunt for a driver to them.
    Having searched and checked around on the net without success!
    Can anyone help me?

Here, the data of the servo motor:
    Type HR115C6-88S
    C.Stall torque 6.8 Nm 6.6 A
    Max 6000 Rpm 530 V 35A
    Feedback SCM60

with kind regards
    Martin

That is pretty high power supply voltage!
    If you want BLDC step/dir drives, you may have a problem finding with that voltage?
    Look like nice motors, however.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Not sure what your budget is but you can get 460V rated Allen Bradley drives on ebay for around $1k each.

They will drive the motor and accept step/dir commands. You'd have to work out the feedback device, it's not clear what kind is on the motor now.

2098-DSD-HV100 is a 10kW drive with 46A peak current.
    2098-DSD-HV050 is a 5kW drive with 22A peak current.

Either would work quite well for your motors. There are several on ebay right now at various prices. I think I might have a couple of them I'd let go but I'm not sure how many I have. Let me know how many you need if you are interested and I can check.

Matt

Hello
    I have the driver belonging to the motor and it is fed with 3x380. The feedback is a hiper face, dont knowe how it works either. The problem is that the driver is controlled by bitbus and I cant find out werry mutch about it on the net. Also ther is no keyboard or display so i can't access any settings or parameters!!
    I have 6 motors and was thinking of using 4 and have two in spare!!
    It leans towards buying new motors and drivers for my project. Anyone have tips on good brushless servo motor and driver, have checked a bit on Dmm!!

The drives I mentioned would work just fine on 380V 3phase.

Here is more than you want to know about hiperface.
    http://www.sick-automation.ru/images...yperface_e.pdf
    It may be tough to find drives to accept this feedback on the surplus market.

What size motors do you actually need? It may be cheaper to buy a motor/drive combo of the correct size than to fiddle with encoders and big high voltage drives to suit the motors you have.

Matt

I don't really know, I want to mill wood and plastic,have not calculated what i need.Have built a frame in flexilink 88x88, the idea is that it should be able to mill a sheet of 2400mm x 1200mm so it gets right nasty. X maybe 1.5 to 2 kw, Y 0.75 and Z 0.4. thought to have a 4th axis rotate to mill posts, but it might worke better with a stepper motor.

The Allen Bradley DSD drives can accept Sine/Cosine (Hiperface) feedback as a lot of the MP series motors use SRM encoders. I have three machines using MPL motors (with SRM encoders) for spindle motors.
    Yours are, I think, absolute encoders so not 100% sure if they are supported by the DSD drives but I think they are.
    Hood

Your current motors are something like 4.3kW continuous and 22kW peak!

There are some motor sizing calculators on the web based on your machine parameters. A good guess would be to see what size motors are used on similarly sized industrial machines.

Matt

I still swear today, took down a portalrobbot a couple of years ago and kept only transmissions "NEUGART pls 90-05" the motor belonging to them had been perfect. So when my brother took down a portalrobbot a while ago, I stayed in front and took all the parts just so i dident do the same mistake again!!
    Unfortunately, these engines was quite a bit stronger, I wanted to check if it would be possible to use them, but it seems to be nearly imbossible to use them!
    May well bay new motors and driver and throwing them I have on junkyard.

I run these SEM (urs is private labeled HR115) with our Kollmorgen AKD drives on printing press retrofits all over the world. Often they are resolver feedback instead of Hyperface, but fortunately the AKD accepts both (and others). price is not far off that $ 1k price. that 500vdc something is simply 380vac input. the akd runs with anything from 230 to 480 so good there. email me if you want more info or google this drive & buy it online somewhere else if you feel confident setting the parameters yourself.

Those NuegaRT size 90 gearheads are great boxes too.

Hello! Was curious and opened the engine and picked out the scm-60 encoder, now you can put in another encoder which is more suitable. Anyone have tips on a driver that can handle the engine and works with a "normal" encoder.