586,140 active members*
4,871 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Questions on Converting the Sieg X3.

Questions on Converting the Sieg X3.

Hi Guys

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has converted a Sieg X3 Bench Top Mill to CNC control. Interested in your thoughts on how you like this Milling Machine in CNC operation? Did you install Ball Screws on all axis or are you using the original Lead Screws? What did you use for Drive Motors? How is the Spindle Motor for power? I would be machining mostly Aluminum with some steel. What don’t you like about this Mill as a CNC? Is there anything that you wish you had done during the conversion to make it better?
    Thanks very much for your help with my questions.

Regards
    Willyb

check with bird e I believe is his user name. He converted his x3 to servo control. he's got a real nice web page. I"ll see if I can find it after work tonight.

i should get mine in a couple of weeks and might convert it without ball screws at first.
    at £150 per axis its a lot of cash to find so maybe concentrate on the other stuff
    first.
    arceurotrade.co.uk. used to have a reprinted article from MEW on the conversion
    mail them they might help
    mike

its under articles & projects
    mike