586,305 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tormach 1100 - Safety Interlock Cover

Hi. I am reviewing features on the Tormach PCNC 1100 (likely with the tool changer) for a new purchase (replacement) at our company. Comparing to a Haas Minimill. We do low volume - 5-10 plastic cases/day (a few different sizes but all say about the size of a football - we use a 1/8" dia. router bit now to profile). Like to expand to light gauge alum. also which is currently done on a drill press in the work cell. Our small Venture VPE50 engraver has an interlocked Lexan 3-sided cover for both safety and easier cleanup. Any info/pics/videos of the 1100 having an interlock cover?

Thanks much
    Brad

I am pretty sure teh spindle cover has a interlock. It seem a few of the first machines they sold may have had trouble with this switch not working and this is what I remember it from. Of course they took care of the problem.

It would be best to post this in the Tormach section of the forum. You can get any info you need on the machine when you post there. But I will say this, there is no way the Tormach is going to compair to a Haus Mini mill. Your talking about a m,achine that is three times the price.

Now that doesnt mean the Tormach will not do the job your wanting it to do, but that just the Haus is a much better machine, and it should be for the price. The Tormach is very good for its price. But it is what it is.

To even consider compairing these two machines together kinda implies you might need to understand more about there capabilities, and your needs in a machine. ANyway post in the Tormach section and you will find the info you need.

Jess
    GOD Bless, and prayers for all.