Basically I have a treadmill motor that is only rated to turn one dirrection. What is the difference in this one & one that could rotate C/W-CCW?

The motor will reverse even thought its not rated to do so. IS this because of brush angle, or some other reason?

If it is brush angle could I machine a new end housing and relocate the brushes? I am sure this would not be as easy as it sounds because of possible phasing or something I dont even know about?

If it is possible I would like to do so. It would make a good project for this mill to cut. The only real reason for needing to reverse is ridged tapping and lefthand twist drill bits for cutting out broken bolts. I guess there may be some reverse twist end mills but we dont have any.

The end cap has some cracks in it so we need to make a new one anyway ( or it would be best to).

WEll I just noticed I put this in the wrong section. If a mod could move it to General Electronics, or where ever it should go. If its OK here thats fine also. Thank You.

Jess