586,395 active members*
2,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mismatch 806 alarm

Hi all,

I am having an issue with Fanuc 15M RS232 communication (15M is similar to 0M, since I know 15M is less common). Basically, punching out works out well, but once program is completely punched (I've tried a few programs), I get a 806 mismatch error. Not really a problem when punching out, but the real issue is when I try reading in a program. It basically reads indefinitely until I hit the cancel button. When I click on cancel, I get this mismatch error, again.

I called Fanuc and they just said that this happens to some of their systems and they never figured out why. So I was wondering if anyone has any clue what this mismatch error comes from. It's like it does complete the communication but doesn't know when it was supposed to stop or something. Thanks a bunch!

Botha

Problem solved

I used easydnc 4.7 instead of hyperterminal. For some reason, I can now read in programs without any problems, except the 806 alarm appears at the end for some reason. Reset clears out the alarm and the program is well stored in. Cheers.

Botha

I found this regarding the 806 error

Fanuc Alarm BG806 DEVICE TYPE MISS MATCH - Helman CNC

basically the computer is not a tape machine and has no idea what the rewind command after the transfer means so it throws back an error.

Holy cow that post brings me back, when I was just starting out, I think that was my second main project, the first being a mill retrofit. Yeah, that would be a logical explanation the Fanuc technician I had talked to back then had no idea why this popped out on some machines. The rewind command is done after transfer is completed so it won't cause any transfer issues.

Note that ezcnc is probably the best for multiple port RS232 management.
    If it's either a computer to a single NC RS232 port or to a single multiple RS232 port with a manual selector, a good small and user friendly RS232 transfer program is the tiny Windows Terminal 3.10 (145kb in total), it works on Windows 32 bit systems (XP 32bit, Win7 32bit) and is easy to configure. Anyone that ever need it just has to PM me.
    Cheers.