586,745 active members*
6,564 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

8055 and pre-selecting the tool

Hi everyone. This could be very simple question but; how do i pre-select next tool with machining centre? If I put T6 twice to the program, the magazin starts spinning around and I need to reboot the machine. Only rebooting stops magazine.

If i put only one T6 just before M6, the machine has to wait until next tool is on the right position. If the T6 is couple of lines up, and I have to stop program for some reason, continuing is rather difficult.

Is there some kind of call that the machine keeps looking code forward or how should it be?

like this:
    G1 X150
    T6 ; pre-select here for example
    Y60
    X0
    G0 Z3
    M5 M9
    T6 ; Magazine starts spinning around becouse of second T6-call
    M6
    G0....etc..

(Hope that somebody understood what I'm asking for. )

Did you look here? 8055

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    Did you look here? 8055
    Thanks. At the first look I didn't find solution. (I'm not very familiar with english.) I'll keep on looking for.

Maybe this is a dumb question on my part, but why would you want to "Preload" the next tool?

When changing a tool you need to drop off the old one prior to picking up the next one. On some of the machines that I have seen with High Speed Tool Changers, there was code at the begining of the program that set the order of the tools so the next tool was automatically "Prestagged". Others I have seen there was a specific M code that you had just after a tool change that "Prestagged" the nest tool. Are you doing this because of a High Speed Tool Changer?
    Motion Master 5 Axis Router.......Fagor 8055/C.......Surfcam Velocity 4.0 B189

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidav View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question on my part, but why would you want to "Preload" the next tool?

When changing a tool you need to drop off the old one prior to picking up the next one. On some of the machines that I have seen with High Speed Tool Changers, there was code at the begining of the program that set the order of the tools so the next tool was automatically "Prestagged".
    That's new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidav View Post
    Others I have seen there was a specific M code that you had just after a tool change that "Prestagged" the nest tool. Are you doing this because of a High Speed Tool Changer?
    It's not so high speed. It's very slow, and if the tool is not preloaded, it takes too much time when the magazine finds right tool. It should preload next tool during the previous tool is working.

There is 24-tools in the magazine. I'm not sure but I think it's called umbrella-type magazine. And it's slow. So am I , please ask more if I cant explain.