586,129 active members*
2,937 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anilam Crusader M Communication issues...

I originally posted this in a different section, and I realized that this subsection seems to be a better place for this post.

I have a vertical knee mill with an Anilam Crusader M CNC controller.

I am trying to offload programs from the machine to a PC. I haven't had much luck, but I'm not sure that I'm following the proper procedures either. Anyhow, I decided to try and start at the beginning and make sure that the RS-232 communication port is functioning properly.

On another thread here at CNCZone, someone suggested jumping pins 2 to 3, and 6 to 20 on the db25 connector, pulling the E-stop button out, pushing the manual button, entering AUX 2740, and then pushing start. When I do this, the machine shows in the right cornerish area that the machine is run mode, and in the program entry area it shows Aux 0_ with the _ blinking, as if waiting for additional insruction. If I let it sit for a few minutes, nothing changes in either the run mode, or the program entry area (or anywhere else for that matter). I was under the assumption that this would initiate a test of some kind. Is this that case, and if so, what is my controller telling me?

Additionally, when I run the machine through all the onboard diagnostic tests, it appears fully functional except the DUART test. I read somewhere else here though that the DUART is not really functional on these machines (I somehow assumed that the DUART was the device that did the communicating with the device hooked up to the db25 connector but not true?)

My New/Old Anilam Crusader M has a problem

and

Crusader-M Duart failed but.....

A little stream of consciousness here -
    My best guess would be that there is something off about PCB 523. How would I go about testing this? Also, I have an obnoxious db25 plug which is male coming out of the machine, when it seems a female db9 plug would perform the same function - any reason to not switch it? And for that matter, are there any wireless device which could replace the plug altogether?

Anyhow, I'd like to figure out how to make this all work. The machine and controller seem just fine to me - I don't want to gut the controls for some never ending retrofit, but I also want to be able to load and unload programs onto this machine.

Aux 0

The AUX 0 means your machine passed the test.

More

The typical connection for a 9 - 25 cable is as follows:

9 pin side 25 pin side Typical Name or use:
    1 8 not used
    2 3 Send Data
    3 2 Receive Data
    4 20 Data Terminal Ready (DTR)
    5 7 Common
    6 6 Data Set Ready (DSR)
    7 4 Not Used (CTS)
    8 5 Not Used (RTS)
    9 22 Not Used (RING)
    1 (chassis ground for the shield)

There is a self test that can be performed as follows:
    Jumping 2&3 and jump 6&20 in the rs232 connector and program Aux 2740 and hit start.
    The aux 2740 should go to Aux 0 if it passes.

If the test passes please open your programming manual, there is a section near the end that says Aux Codes, there will be 5 sections of aux 27XX numbers for setting the baud, bits per character, hand shake, and parity. You need to match our control with the offline computer settings!

Sorry, spaces were deleted when I sent the info.

The typical connection for a 9 - 25 cable is as follows:

9 pin side 25 pin side Typical Name or use:
    1 ---------- 8 not used
    2-----------3 Send Data
    3-----------2 Receive Data
    4----------20 Data Terminal Ready (DTR)
    5-----------7 Common
    6-----------6 Data Set Ready (DSR)
    7-----------4 Not Used (CTS)
    8-----------5 Not Used (RTS)
    9----------22 Not Used (RING)
    1 (chassis ground for the shield)

There is a self test that can be performed as follows:
    Jumping 2&3 and jump 6&20 in the rs232 connector and program Aux 2740 and hit start.
    The aux 2740 should go to Aux 0 if it passes.

If the test passes please open your programming manual, there is a section near the end that says Aux Codes, there will be 5 sections of aux 27XX numbers for setting the baud, bits per character, hand shake, and parity. You need to match our control with the offline computer settings!