I'm searching for someone with some actual knowledge about probing and the prob calibration routine on an "old" Fanuc 0MC.
I have just installed the hardware and software on my machine (Kafo VMC950) and have got everything up and running as should.
But i have serious problems when it comes to use the macros and stuff, i think i have come through the calibration programs as meant.
When i calibrated the probe length i set a tool of known length in the spindle and came up to my gagelength of say -630.xxx millimeters and typed them in to G54 then i swapped the tool to the probe and activated the H99 tool offset and measured the probe course with tape measure to say 200.000 millimeters and run the calibration routine O9801 program and the machine calculated the probe length to say 201.xxx millimeters. Wouldn't this procedure be correct?
On the calibration of X an Y i found the XY coordinates of the center in a bore and made this to G54 and run a program to position the machine in the center of the bore, do the probe stylus xy center offset with the O9802 program and the vector probe stylus radius calibration with the O9804 program.
Is there someone who have an older say 2010 ish inspection plus software on an older Fanuc and could help me.
For instance if i want to set Zref G55 with the probe how do i do that? I guess i want to have a z-xxx.xxx output prom the probing? Do i need to set some pre value in the G55 Z___ or should i leave it at 0?
And an other weird thing i was able to find today when i studied the O9732 macro, at the beginning of the macro it has an IF statement that specifies if the machine should update the machine G54-G59 offset. and the IF statement says like IF W is 1 go to 17 witch is the start of the work offset update section, so if i dont state W1 in my macro call the machine dont care if i have stated S2 in the macro call to update the G55 offset, the W statement should be something like tool offset update or something like that...

(sidenote the probing macros is a backup from an Fanuc 0iM vmc machine)

Should it really be so hard to get this working?